Page 1 of 3
Jack White's new band! Their first album Horehound is set to be released this June and they're going to tour it afterword...

If you are excited for Horehound and or you love their first single, post here!

Here's the website. The first single "'Hang You From The Heavens"" along with a cover of Gary Numan's "Are Friends Electric?" are there for streaming! Check 'em out!

www.thedeadweather.com

Jack White- Drums, Vocals, Guitar
Alison Mosshart- Vocals
Jack Lawrence- Bass
Dean Fertita- Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Last edited by JackWhite333 at Jul 14, 2009,
Doesnt he play drums in the quantom of solace song? thats some awesome drumming right there
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
^ Jack played drums and guitar for that song...Its one of favorite Bond themes behind Live and Let Die.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Dang, you beat me to it... I came in here to make this thread

Oh well, I'm really looking forward to it. I like all the bands that the members are coming from, so this should be good stuff. Really alt rock sounding. A lot like The Kills and QOTSA combined, to me.

I heard the two songs they released and they are awesome. Jack White is amazing he never makes bad music.
ED REED BABY
I hate this band because it reminds me of how cool Allison Mosshart used to be, and how uncool she is now.

That being said, this is better than the Kill, but that's not saying a lot.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I thought the white stripes were to release a new album this summer =( but the dead weather is a good band, Jack is a mad man and won't stop. Jack White fans, think this will be the last band he has in is rotation untill the stripes or the racs break up, look who we're dealing with. Jack. Obsessed with the number 3. Three bands =O haha, okay I'm done.
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
^ Thats probably true, lol! The stripes will probablt be coming back around this exact time next year, and then the Racs after that.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Well since they're better than The Kills, why do you think she isn''t cool anymore?
It isn't Discount.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^ Well, Discount were awesome, but I still love The Dead Weather. Discount are better than the Kills though IMO
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
I think Jack just likes the summer time. Most of everything he's released has come out in spring/summer.
^ Its becuse most fans of the White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather are still in school, and are off during the summer, so more people go to their shows then.
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by JackWhite333
^ Its becuse most fans of the White Stripes/Raconteurs/Dead Weather are still in school, and are off during the summer, so more people go to their shows then.

I would say that's pretty untrue considering they have been active since 1997. Still, THE WHITE STRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this new material! Hang you from the heavens is great.

awesome
^^
But you can also take into consideration Jack loves childhood, and a big part of childhood is summertime and being away from school =D
Haha sorry for the posts XD I'm just a huge Jack White fan. To bad he doesn't live here in Detroit anymore =[
Very true. At the racontuers show, both nights when he played "you don't understand me" on piano, just the place was cheering, "Jack Jack Jack Jack!" Felt bad for the rest of the band though
Quote by ltd v100
its pretty good
just surprising that jack is on drums

Jack was originally a drummer. He switched to guitar when he heard Robert Johnson, he's always wanted to be a drummer in a band now he's got his chance.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Damn, that single is pretty nice. Bluesy, hard, in your face. Guitars and drums all sound awesome, and the vocals are pretty alright too.

The White Stripes are still the best thing Jack has done and probably ever will do. He kicks ass at drums though.

If there is more stuff that sounds like that on the album, Dead Weather is probably gonna rank higher than The Raconteurs.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Anyone see Live From The Basement? I tried to but there was no sound. There's a few videos on Youtube though, it sounds pretty good.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by JackWhite333
which single did you hear?

Hang You From The Heavens or Treat Me Like Your Mother?

Heavens
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by steve_muse
Anyone see Live From The Basement? I tried to but there was no sound. There's a few videos on Youtube though, it sounds pretty good.

I watched that live on Monday, it was pretty awesome.

Quote by bradulator
Heavens.

That's a great song
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
Never knew Jack was sucha a good drummer.
Quote by ErikLensherr

i went to the london show yesterday and i was definitely surprised at how well jack played the drums. he was seriously beating the crap out of his kit then broke a stick and nicely recovered by grabbing a spare in front of him in the middle of a song.

i was surprised also at how much darker the music was compared to his previous stuff. it felt alot more like a kills concert. i had only heard two songs from the dead weather previously so i didn't know what to expect and went on blind faith that it would be as good as his stuff with the raconteurs.

in hindsight i'm not sure if it's as good as his best stuff but it was definitely fun to see them because of how energetic and raw it felt. little jack was seriously good on bass with alison mosshart being her intense eerie self.

the highlight was when jack picked up the guitar and played 2 songs before the encore. i suppose it was pretty obvious that people came to see jack and alison b/c of all the flannel shirts and died fringes.

it still hasn't sunk in that i've seen jack white rip a solo on his whammy pedal right in front of me. wow.

just wow...

EDIT: the music playing while waiting for them to play was seriously good stuff.
Last edited by walidb123 at Jun 25, 2009,
Nice review! The Forum show, right?

The music before they came on (unlesss you meant the opening band) is a song by Captain Beefheart called "Sure 'Nuff 'N Yes I Do"
My Albums

YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

last.fm
tumblr
This stuff is better than I originally thought. Enough to download it.

Weren't Screaming Females opening on their tour? Or is that just a US thing? If you're at a show they're playing be sure to check them out because they're super good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

The Dead Weather are decent, better than The Kills worse than Discount.

Quote by JackWhite333
Screaming Females are opening for every show in July, i'll check them out

Definitely check them out. They're an amazing band and they're amazing live.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I'll check them out.

What's the date for the album again?
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by JackWhite333
Nice review! The Forum show, right?

The music before they came on (unlesss you meant the opening band) is a song by Captain Beefheart called "Sure 'Nuff 'N Yes I Do"

thanks, yeh it was at the forum. it started as a sentence then turned into that.

i enjoyed ALL the music that was playing for like the entire hour before they came on including the Beefheart song.

there were a couple fumbles during the show though. the guitarist hit a bum note once which took me out of it abit and then the levels and stuff were off b/c i couldn't hear the guitar clearly especially during solos - it was like there was no guitar in some loud parts b/c it was drowned out.

the opening act, the smoke fairies, were really really good though. they definitely had a nice vibe and had more the kind of music i was expecting from the dead weather actually. there was a song that jack sang with alison about something being a sin only when it's been found out which kinda showed some real good songwriting but i'm not sure what it was called.

jack's guitar tone btw was bloody amazing.
Last edited by walidb123 at Jun 25, 2009,
Page 1 of 3