This was a journal topic in my English class today so I figure I'm gonna ask the pit their answers. If you could live in any time period and/or culture what would it be and why? I said the 1960's in San Fransisco just because the music scene was happening. I also said Medieval times woulda been sweet, but only if I was rich. Hows about you guis?
Early 70's London.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Native American. Before the Europeans came. That woulda been sweet I think...

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Ancient Rome.

24/7 Toga party.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson

But, alas, I can only dream of the day.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'd have to say I'd like to just be the age to drive and about the time where you can remember those well, (so 18ish) around the time thrash metal began and got big.
so since I'm 18ish now, I'd have to go to about 1984
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
Quote by Instant Mash
Early 70's London.

This
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
20s were probably pretty sweet... Until the depression.

That's another time I would like to visit. Jazz and Blues at its beginnings would have been AMAZING to experience.
pft im siked for a terminator war, zombie apocalypse or something. bring on the end of days lol
Ancient Greece or Rome would've be sweet.

Edit: Augustus Rome...You know before Christianity ****ed things up
SPACE FOR RENT
Last edited by Rock'N'Soul at Mar 12, 2009,
I would go back to '77 and watch Star Wars when it came out. That would be the sexytits
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
I don't see the point in going back in time to experience the beginning of a genre, or going back in general.

Yes, granted, it would be cool to see the people who are dead now, but think about it.

You're from the FUTURE. You know exactly how the genre came to be, lived, and progressed. You have nothing to "experience". You already know what happens. It would basically be like a movie you could leave from. You're stuck watching events that you will know will happen.

Saxo-Walrus

^To fallenangel^

Well, like what if you were to just live in that time period without knowing what will happen? I mean going back and being ignorant of the future and just living life would be pretty cool in the height of the Roman Empire
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by Rock'N'Soul
^To fallenangel^

Well, like what if you were to just live in that time period without knowing what will happen? I mean going back and being ignorant of the future and just living life would be pretty cool in the height of the Roman Empire

That's more along the lines of what I mean. I'm talking about if you could have chose a time period to live in, without knowing about the future or anything, which one.
Ah. Well, to be honest, I still wouldn't go back.

I mean, I feel like I'm a slightly smarter person for being aware of the past. I mean, think about all of the horrors that were faced in the 20th century alone.

The Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, The Holocaust, The Vietnam War, Kent State, Cuban Missle Crisis, The Oil Crisis, etc. And that's just pointing out things that hit America (outside of the Holocaust)

I couldn't imagine having to LIVE through those moments, and having that constant fear and anxiety of some sort of threat. Yes, we live in a time full of threats now, but nearly as dangerous as the ones of the past.

Saxo-Walrus

i'd like to be in my teens back in the 50s, that'd be cool
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Quote by fallenangel20
I don't see the point in going back in time to experience the beginning of a genre, or going back in general.

Yes, granted, it would be cool to see the people who are dead now, but think about it.

You're from the FUTURE. You know exactly how the genre came to be, lived, and progressed. You have nothing to "experience". You already know what happens. It would basically be like a movie you could leave from. You're stuck watching events that you will know will happen.

that is when you start making bets and start makeing an ass load of money.

eather that or go back and **** with world leaders
Last edited by loganleunidus at Mar 12, 2009,
ummm i wouldnt really care to go in to the past, at most i would go just far enough back to see alice in chains perform a live show, i couldnt imagine life without teh internet and COD
I would go to the 20s during prohibition.

I dunno why but speak-easys seem like a ****load of fun.

Plus flappers and old-school mafia...

Other than that the 60s in San Fransisco would be pretty cool to experience.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
if i could come back i would probably go back in time, sell a bunch of salt, get really rich, go and a murder spree and call myself some catchy name, then get movies made after me