I have a Spider III amp(30 watt) that I was gonna use to practice around the house, but the ****er busted after a little over a month. I turned it on and I heard a small pop sound and now it produces no sound. It turns on and what not but I don't know whats wrong with it. It's not the cables and its not the guitar, I checked them out already. Anyway is it really worth it to take it in to a shop and see if they can do anything with it? or should I just move on to a new amp(I have 900 dollars saved up).
Get a new amp. Don't even consider fixing that turd with flashing lights.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Obligatory questions:

Styles of playing (esp. artists you want to emulate), location, are you willing to go used?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I would definitely buy a new amp, you have plenty for a great amp. Besides I'm pretty sure you cant fix the spider if it's part of the digital stuff that's messing up. Anyways good luck.
no. new amp.

genres played?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
you can prolly get a 2x12 vader and a 6505+ used for 900

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
You're going to get plenty of "Spider III's suck, just burn the thing!!!" responses.

That being said, with $900 you have enough to buy a decent tube amp, a huge upgrade over the Spider III. If you like having lots of amp models and effects and want a Line6, get a Spidervalve, they have all the effects of Spider IIIs but sound so much better.
This is my sig
Being the ashamed owner of a spider line 3, get a new amp. ANY new amp that isn't a modeling amp. The spider 3 is, as someone above said, a turd with flashing lights. I abandoned its uses except for the fact that it amplifies sound. I run a metal zone through it, we all know how crappy they sound, and it sounds BETTER than the spider 3. No matter what you set the distortion at on the spider it sounds like the mids are turned off and that INFURIATES ME.
Send this to you my master...
Here's to getting worse,
hope it kills you faster...
Show me how it hurts to rot from the inside out...
This vigil burns until the day our fires over take you,
Our father we forsake you.
Quote by Limabean231
You're going to get plenty of "Spider III's suck, just burn the thing!!!" responses.

That being said, with $900 you have enough to buy a decent tube amp, a huge upgrade over the Spider III. If you like having lots of amp models and effects and want a Line6, get a Spidervalve, they have all the effects of Spider IIIs but sound so much better.

Or a used Flextone. But if it's just for bedroom practicing, maybe a smaller 15 SIII, or Cube or Valtronix unit, and get yourself a nice tube used with the remainder.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I play mostly hard rock, metal and the sort with some dabbling in alternative style. I'm looking into the amps you guys are showing, keep em coming.

Oh yeah, I don't mind buying used as long as it's not all ****ed. Scratches and cuts I don't mind. I live in New York City and I've made a couple of trips downtown to the guitar center on 14 st and Sam Ash on 42nd but I'm too shy to try out any of the amps out there unless an aisle is empty with no one around.
Last edited by DoomSentinal at Mar 12, 2009,
Take the Spider back and get your money back on it. It'll be covered by the manafacturers warranty if it broke inside a month.
they will fix it for free if it broke in a month. i doubt they will give you your money back though. if you really want a new amp, when it is fixed, sell it and then you will have even more to spend.
did you plug into the headphone jack?

do that to see if it was the speaker. speakers arent expensive so hopefully that's it.

and ^listen to them. try to get a manufacturers referb or refund.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
did you plug into the headphone jack?

do that to see if it was the speaker. speakers arent expensive so hopefully that's it.

and ^listen to them. try to get a manufacturers referb or refund.

Yeah I did, no sound produced through headphones either.
does that amp have a fuse?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011