Finally after a few years of wanting a wah, I purchased one. Why it took so long, I"ve got no idea. I just received my RMC Picture wah yesterday. I'm an intermediate player and I'm looking for some fun/great wah songs to practice at. Any suggestions on some greats, but not difficult ones. I prefer Hard Rock to Metal, but non of that new metal crap. I"m really into more 70's and 80's stuff, but do like some of the newer stuff. I'm really up for anything.
Info is much appreciated.
thx
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Voodoo Chile- Hendrix
Enter Sandman- Metallica
Dani California- RHCP
Bulls on Parade- RATM
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Might not be your type of music but there's a great Guitar Pro tab on this site for It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down, wah included.
Doctor Funkenstein by Parliament
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Kenny77
Might not be your type of music but there's a great Guitar Pro tab on this site for It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down, wah included.

3 Doors Down is right up my alley. They are one of the few newer bands (though not that new) that I actually like.
thx
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Quote by eyebanez333
anything by Metallica

Kirk used the wah sparingly until ...and Justice For All, I believe.
Call me Batman.
The Audience is Listening by Vai is, in my opinion, a pretty awesome use of the wah - as long as you don't mind stomping on it..
Terrible even.
Metallica's Black Album has wah pedals and there no crap.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Quote by RedFez64
rainy day dream away - Hendrix

possibly the greatest single use of a Wah

Um....yes. Best wah solo of all time, actually.
how could you go past Black Sabbath - Turn Up The Night...fits what you are after..70's-80's and hard rock metal...
Mr Brownstone - Guns N' Roses

Burning Of The Midnight Oil - Jimi Hendrix

Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin (jimmy page was great at putting his wah at a particular sweet spot, and recording it - this is a great example)
Quote by cuscus97
Mr Brownstone - Guns N' Roses

Burning Of The Midnight Oil - Jimi Hendrix

Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin (jimmy page was great at putting his wah at a particular sweet spot, and recording it - this is a great example)

It is Burning of the Midnight Lamp by Jimi Hendrix, but yes that has some damn sweet wah riff-age. As does Rainy Day Dream Away. Listen to Electric Ladyland, you will find wah all around.

Also try Trampled Underfoot by Led Zeppelin. I believe that Page has his wah fully open the entire time for the main riff and he wails on it occasionally. I would also say White Room by Cream. Clapton owns the wah pedal on that.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Last edited by JF-SH1 at Mar 13, 2009,