My heavy metal needs have grown beyond my 6 string Raptor, and I'm considering a 7 string guitar. Im not ready to drop mega bucks on guitars just yet, so something in the $400-500 range would be nice. I was looking at the Ibanez RG7321, which fits the price range, looks nice, and has good reviews. Anyone know anything about that guitar?

Thanks
For about $500, if you don't mind buying used, you can find a good RG7621, or 7421. Much better guitar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by HeavyFreak
... something in the $400-500 range would be nice. I was looking at the Ibanez RG7321, which fits the price range, looks nice, and has good reviews. Anyone know anything about that guitar?

Thanks
It's a pretty good starter 7 that'll serve you well if you have a decent tube amp. Eventually, you'll start looking for better tone that you'll be unable to fix through EQ or pedals and you'll spring for better PUs.

It's not difficult to find one Used in very good condition for about half the price of new.

Check out the 7 string thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599065

Thanks...That also brings up: Do I need a new amp? My current one is a very pathetic 10W Peavy Backstage. I also have my guitar plugged into my computer with GarageBand and it sounds OK with a 2.1 channel Logitech speaker system...
i prefer the Schecters to the Ibanez guitars. I have a Schecter Diamond Seven that i love. Might look into it. You may have a slight problem with pick-ups but those are replaceable, and for the most part they work great. If the amp works for a six, it SHOULD work for a seven. You may want to consider a new one though, just for kicks.
I'm not sure if I want to pay for a Peavey Vypyr 15. I already have the Backstage (now discontinued) which is basically the Vypyr minus 5 watts and some other gizmos I'm pretty sure I wont use. Much rather spend money on a good tube amp later.

So...Ibanez RG7321 it is then?
The RG7321 is a great guitar but if you need anything that lower a Baritone or a Eight stringer would be nice.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Search the planet for a H&S Dark Heaven 7. Best bargain ever! Maybe why H&S are no more. Google the demo vid.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

rg7321 is a fine guitar for the money. while aimed at slightly higher than entry level, it'd be a fine workhorse guitar for professionals as well..

another option is the 7 string guitars they have at www.rondomusic.com

I bought an agile Septor 7-string for $399. quite comparable to the ibanez.. i bought it mainly because i didn't want another ibanez in plain black. xD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Thanks , so would the guitar be OK for Drop Bb? And would I need some sort of special amp for Bb (a bass amp or something O_o)