Ok so i plan on doing a warmoth build this summer before i start college and lose all my time and money. there is a showcase body that i want and it has pup routes H-S-H... there are 3 holes drilled and not a slot for a switch. now i have an LP thats simple each pup has its own tone and volume pot. obviously thats not going to be the case for this particular guitar and i dont know what kind of pots/switch i would need to wire this particular guitar. if i could get a hold of some schematics or something that gave me a list of the parts i need and how they work i could get this all together (I'm making a list of all the mats i need b4 i get this thing all completely put together.) I dont have pups picked out yet im thinking 59/(unfamiliar with singles)/JB but not dead set.

the body im looking at is here: http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=9&Path=Body%2cVIP&i=vipp121

any and all help is appreciated... i just need somewhere to start so i can find out how this will all go together and do what i need it to do.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by Sieves
Ok so i plan on doing a warmoth build this summer before i start college and lose all my time and money. there is a showcase body that i want and it has pup routes H-S-H... there are 3 holes drilled and not a slot for a switch. now i have an LP thats simple each pup has its own tone and volume pot. obviously thats not going to be the case for this particular guitar and i dont know what kind of pots/switch i would need to wire this particular guitar. if i could get a hold of some schematics or something that gave me a list of the parts i need and how they work i could get this all together (I'm making a list of all the mats i need b4 i get this thing all completely put together.) I dont have pups picked out yet im thinking 59/(unfamiliar with singles)/JB but not dead set.

the body im looking at is here: http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=9&Path=Body%2cVIP&i=vipp121

any and all help is appreciated... i just need somewhere to start so i can find out how this will all go together and do what i need it to do.
some choices:
- make a slot for a 5-way switch.
- install two 3-way switches and one volume in the three holes.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
end thread?

not even close, junior.
read the OP. special situation.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
some choices:
- make a slot for a 5-way switch.
- install two 3-way switches and one volume in the three holes.

i tend to shy away from doing any woodwork myself (even something as trivial as making a slot) wood warmoth make this slot (even after finish is applied) for me. the 2 3 way switches seems like it takes away from the tonal choices (and isnt that the reason for having this pup combo) i may just end up getting a dif body but this is fairly cheap and i like this finish.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by Sieves
i tend to shy away from doing any woodwork myself (even something as trivial as making a slot) wood warmoth make this slot (even after finish is applied) for me. the 2 3 way switches seems like it takes away from the tonal choices (and isnt that the reason for having this pup combo) i may just end up getting a dif body but this is fairly cheap and i like this finish.
2 3-ways will give you some additional choices over a 5-way:

bridge only
middle only
neck only
bridge and middle
bridge and neck
middle and neck
bridge middle and neck

but you can get all 7 of those with a 5-way and a neck-on or bridge-on switch.

one other possibility not mentioned:

a rotary switch.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Ok so a i would be something like ... volume tone rotary switch. how would i go about wiring this... or where could i go to find out. Im not asking for you to type me out an instructional booklet :P im just a nub trying to get into the technical part of guitars.

ty for help thus far
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Take a look at the first post in this thread:
The ULTIMATE Wiring Diagrams thread - READ the first few posts before posting

There are links to sites that have a ton of info on wiring.
And any design for a 4pole 5way SuperSwitch can be done with a 4pole 5position rotary.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
kk tyvm for setting me on the right direction.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2