Check this thing out! It is absolutely sex on wheels, and my jaw literally dropped when I saw it http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Carved-Top-Autumn-Burst.aspx

That finish is incredible. 24 Frets? Hell yes. Placement of knobs and such? I like. Price tag? Ehhh... Incredibly limited production? OK, makes the price a little easier to digest.

What do you guys think? IMO that's the sexiest SG I've ever seen.
It's missing two knobs...I don't know if I'd like that. The reviews at the bottom make me wonder. Although, how reliable can those be?
Quote by I Poke Badgers
Check this thing out! It is absolutely sex on wheels, and my jaw literally dropped when I saw it http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Carved-Top-Autumn-Burst.aspx

That finish is incredible. 24 Frets? Hell yes. Placement of knobs and such? I like. Price tag? Ehhh... Incredibly limited production? OK, makes the price a little easier to digest.

What do you guys think? IMO that's the sexiest SG I've ever seen.

Nay nay, sir, I believe sex on wheels describes myself on a moped
Not a big Gibson fan.....but holy crap....that looks awesome.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Pac_man0123
24 frets... odd.
Not really. Since SGs have to have their neck pickup moved backwards anyway because of the neck joint, it actually doesn't make any sense to not have 24 frets. Beats having a random square of pickguard plastic taking up the space.

Anyway, the main thrill of this is finally here's an SG with a carved top. No other part of it is that special, but adding a carved flame maple top is going to add some nice weight to that body, give it a richer tone, solve some of the SGs long-standing balance and sustain issues... and look damn nice to boot.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
that's got to be the nicest looking SG i've ever seen

sure beats the hell out of my SG
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
i tend to hate gibsons and fenders and all these mainstream guitars
but i realllllly like that guitar
It would look nicer if they bound the fretboard....but on the other hand, I just jizzed in my fucking pants
Quote by satcre3
i tend to hate gibsons and fenders and all these mainstream guitars
but i realllllly like that guitar

oh damn we have a rebel.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
oh damn we have a rebel.
I bet £20 the kid's three favourite bands all use guitars from Gibson/Fender/Ibanez/ESP/etc.

And his own guitar is a copy of a Strat/LP/SG/Tele/RG
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
I bet £20 the kid's three favourite bands all use guitars from Gibson/Fender/Ibanez/ESP/etc.

And his own guitar is a copy of a Strat/LP/SG/Tele/RG

+1

And that guitar is damn sexy
Actually not a fan of the carved top and fancy flamed maple tops aren't all that rare and thus not as drool inducing as they used to be to me.
Just needs binding on the fret board, then you have ultimate sex.

Still nice though.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
It looks amazing! I agree that fretboard binding would make it amazing-er.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Waterboy799
that's got to be the nicest looking SG i've ever seen

sure beats the hell out of my SG

+1, very nice finish
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Looks kickass

But cant do the killswitch thing with the lack of knobs, which i love to do with my SG.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
A beauty to be sure but look at the price!
$4400.00 USD for this beast! No way I'd pay that even if I had the money!
Gibson's prices are going thru the roof lately and their killing their market share. IF younger players can't afford them I think they'll learn to play on different guitars which they'll grow comfortable with and learn to love meaning they won't buy a Gibby later in life either!
Gibson has become a greedy, profit driven company run by people to neither know nor appreciate guitars I feel.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by KenG
Gibson's prices are going thru the roof lately and their killing their market share. IF younger players can't afford them I think they'll learn to play on different guitars which they'll grow comfortable with and learn to love meaning they won't buy a Gibby later in life either!
Gibson has become a greedy, profit driven company run by people to neither know nor appreciate guitars I feel.

Gibson MSRP is ussaly way over the price they sell in stores
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
They should have gone for an ebony fingerboard; the rosewood on the one in the picture isn't a particularly appealing piece of wood (it's either a bit on the light side or a little dry).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by KenG
$4400.00 USD for this beast!

It's a bit overpriced for a SG but street price will probably atleast $1000 less. As for chambering, I think it works for LPs. I didn't think they hollowed out SGs.
Quote by John5rules125
Looks kickass

But cant do the killswitch thing with the lack of knobs, which i love to do with my SG.

So you like knobs eh?
RULE BRITANNIA
Yeah wheres the fretboard binding?!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by KenG

But, nothing makes you feel like you've "made it" like buying a new Les Paul, or nice acoustic. Although personally I'd take a Martin or Taylor over Gibby acoustics.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by philwhite
It's a bit overpriced for a SG but street price will probably atleast $1000 less. As for chambering, I think it works for LPs. I didn't think they hollowed out SGs.

I don't think it said it was chambered anywhere on the site.
Either way, I feel like a chambered SG would nosedive like crazy..
I'd be worried about the tone loss with all that Maple. Okay for metal but would be off for blues. The usual SG plank with 3 pups, 60's neck and Ebony board is a lot sexier to me. (white, of course, with gold hardware)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I don't like the placement of the input jack.

Otherwise, I like that a lot; though might miss having the tonal sweep of 2 tone knobs.
It looks sexy, but all they've really done is put a burst finish on a diablo. Looking around they've added a tribal v as well http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Flying-V/Gibson-USA/Tribal-V.aspx but they've made the same mistake they did with the x series explorers and v's last year by putting a tremelo system on it and no locking nut.
Last edited by josh999x at Mar 13, 2009,
i was expecting to not like it, but that looks great!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Very sexy, but I'm not digging the price tag.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112