I've got a b52 at112 and the clean channel is really noisy as in static even when the volume is down but the gain channel is really quiet. For the first 3 min the amp is quiet but then the static slowly fades in. anybody else have this problem?
is that a tube amp?

if so it might need a solid cleaning. tube amps are rediculously sensitive to hair, dirt, dust, etc. Happened with my Randall Tube Head. (Which is also like a 20 year old amp so that didnt help)

If not, did you try turning treble down? messing with the tone on your guitar?
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
no pedals, same prob with different guitars, no pre just volume control. static at all volumes even zero. yes its tube
Quote by kcdakrt
no pedals, same prob with different guitars, no pre just volume control. static at all volumes even zero. yes its tube

Then yes, like i said you need to get it properly cleaned. If you don't know how, i recommend taking it somewhere that will clean it for you, because it's sort of a dangerous process, not to mention you risk damaging your equipment if you're too rough with it.
but i dont get why it fades in. I turn it on, heat up the tubes, play for a minute or two, and then it fades in getting louder. almosts sounds like a tube problem
Quote by kcdakrt
but i dont get why it fades in. I turn it on, heat up the tubes, play for a minute or two, and then it fades in getting louder. almosts sounds like a tube problem

oh wow, i didnt catch that part.

yea, what color are your tubes glowing?
Quote by kcdakrt
factory tubes they have a orange glowing color

like the one guy said, how old is it? cus they seem like they work just fine.

although it never hurts to change out tubes. especially factory ones. but it would suck to spend the money and not solve the problem
about three weeks old... i did open up the chassis once so it could be dirty. wait i just noticed that one preamp isn't as bright as the others
Last edited by kcdakrt at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by kcdakrt
about three weeks old... i did open up the chassis once so it could be dirty

you got a warantee on this thing? 'cus the dirt and grime i'm talking about would be like years worth of buildup. still, maybe a nice big chunk of something is lodged in there heh.

i would see if you can return it or have the company solve the problem. i'm stumped.
Get a pencil and use the eraser end to tap the preamp tubes a bit while the amp is on and warmed up. More than likely one of the tubes has gone microphonic and needs to be replaced.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by kcdakrt
I've got a b52 at112 and the clean channel is really noisy as in static even when the volume is down but the gain channel is really quiet. For the first 3 min the amp is quiet but then the static slowly fades in. anybody else have this problem?

Could be a dodgy cable. Try using a different one and see if there's any change. Also if you can try using your guitar in another amp to see if that helps. Also, has it always done this or is this a recent thing? If it always has, then maybe it's just a bad amp. You could get a new amp or try using the ISP decimator or a boss NS-2 noise supressor.
Im bumping this because I figured out that it was a bad preamp tube causing the static. So this is just for future reference.
Quote by kcdakrt
Im bumping this because I figured out that it was a bad preamp tube causing the static. So this is just for future reference.
I could have told you that if I read this thread earlier. I assume it was probably the V1 preamp tube? (first one closest to the input jack)
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by kcdakrt
yup
Glad you got it figured out then.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
sounds like microphonic preamp tube.

edit: whoops, problem's already solved, I guess that's what happens when you don't read the thread.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 26, 2009,
Very nice. Glad you got that taken care of.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13