im gonna buy a guitar tommorow... im startin to learn how to play .. so not lookin to spend too much money. wuts a good acoustic guitar for under $200?

like wut brand name? n stuff
i know how it feel to me is very important to me.. but can u guys give me some pointers and stuff to watch out for when buying?

btw does anyone know music shop that sells guitar(new) for cheap besides steve's music(toronto)
My first acoustic was a Cort, I got it for around $200 CND. I still have it. Actually its my main acoustic.
Quote by heaven's gate
My first acoustic was a Cort, I got it for around $200 CND. I still have it. Actually its my main acoustic.

so i take it its pretty good?
Quote by replicat0r
so i take it its pretty good?

I'm happy with it. I've never had problems with it. The sound is pretty good and it plays well. I've never thought of upgrading it, to be honest. But then again I've never needed a higher quality acoustic.

can you guys give me some stuff to watch for when buying new guitar?
like caution, features etc...
I got a $530 Ovation for $180 because of a small crack in the finish. However, I've seen some decent Washburns locally for >$200.
Quote by Avedas
I got a $530 Ovation for $180 because of a small crack in the finish. However, I've seen some decent Washburns locally for >$200.

ur talkin about used one?
Quote by Avedas
No, new.

how and where would i find such a deal?

and can u give me some things to watch for in a guitar..?
Quote by replicat0r
how and where would i find such a deal?

and can u give me some things to watch for in a guitar..?

I got pretty lucky. I waited for about 5 months looking for an acoustic and that suddenly came up. Go to the respective forums for finding tips on buying guitars.
Quote by Avedas
I got pretty lucky. I waited for about 5 months looking for an acoustic and that suddenly came up. Go to the respective forums for finding tips on buying guitars.

can u point me to one... this is the only one i know
besides how a guitar feels in your hands.. you may want to consider, do you need a pickup in your acoustic so that you can plug it in to an amp... are you after a cutaway body, if not a full body will generally give you a fuller sound.

try out a few techniques to see if it fits your needs.. playing chords, strumming, finger picking, picking.

Pick out a higher end guitar first to see what a good guitar should sound like then try and find one within your price range!
Quote by macfries
besides how a guitar feels in your hands.. you may want to consider, do you need a pickup in your acoustic so that you can plug it in to an amp... are you after a cutaway body, if not a full body will generally give you a fuller sound.

try out a few techniques to see if it fits your needs.. playing chords, strumming, finger picking, picking.

Pick out a higher end guitar first to see what a good guitar should sound like then try and find one within your price range!

the problem is i dont know how to play guitar... or knows anyone that plays one...
mm thats a bit of a situation then. i would suggest going for guitar lessons and asking the guitar teacher what you should buy. Lessons are def worth the money when you are starting out
I have an epiphone dr-100 and its an alright guitar. It doesn't have the best tuners or sound up on the higher frets, but it has a pretty good sound for just strumming some chords.

Honestly though, yamaha makes some nice guitars around $170 or $180, and I probably would have bought one if I'd had a little more money.

Check them out, and ask somebody in the store for advice.