Does anyone know if the Toyota 1.8L 1S-iLU 4-cylinder petrol engine is an interference engine or a non-interference engine? I'm trying to work out if it (and consequentially me car) has a timing BELT or a timing CHAIN.
interference most certainly
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by brandon369852

He's referring to a Camry engine there, it's likely not the same one as I'm talking about, though they're all very similar so it may well be the same. Plus, the other 2 guys agree with you so I'm inclined to agree also.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
He's referring to a Camry engine there, it's likely not the same one as I'm talking about, though they're all very similar so it may well be the same. Plus, the other 2 guys agree with you so I'm inclined to agree also.

I'm not sure if they had a clue what they were talking about.

What kind of Toyota are you looking at?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I have a feeling those two might be guesses :S
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
mine was sarcasm,
really depends on the year, but 1.8L 1s-ISU sounds decently modern, mostly all modern engines are non-interference,

but why dont you juts change your timing belt to be 100% safe?????

also just go to your toyota dealer and ask them, they will know for sure

/edit: yeah just change your timing belt to be sure, you now know what mileage your timing belt is new at, you wont have to worry about ruining your valves, and possibly your piston and crankshaft... new timing belt~=100$, new valves, piston, crank +labour ~= 2000$
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
mine was sarcasm,
really depends on the year, but 1.8L 1s-ISU sounds decently modern, mostly all modern engines are non-interference,

/edit: yeah just change your timing belt to be sure, you now know what mileage your timing belt is new at, you wont have to worry about ruining your valves, and possibly your piston and crankshaft... new timing belt~=100$, new valves, piston, crank +labour ~= 2000$

My Toyota dealer? The car's f*ckin 21 years old, the place that sold it probably doesn't even exist anymore. Anyway, we got the AA mechanic in, turns out the cam belt (a.k.a. timing belt) is f*cked, the kevlar strands are broken so we need a new cam belt.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Not true. The Saturn dealer by me could barely figure out how to program my key remote for my 1996 sc1. Ordering parts for it was even more of a bitch.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Chevy > Toyota

/thread
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine