View poll results: Which thing first?
New Kirk Hammer wah when it comes out in April
1 9%
New computer
7 64%
New distortion
3 27%
Voters: 11.
Simply put, I'm heavily considering the KH95 when it comes out as I've loved Kirk's wah tone ever since I heard Metallica, and I need to replace the GCB-95 soon as I'm playing gigs over the summer and can't have it's tone during them.

At the same time though, my computer refuses to open iTunes, can barely record properly and half the time I just use Linux instead, so I've been looking at a new computer. I can live with it, albeit begrudgingly, but it is getting annoying not being able to sync my iPod and a few other things.

On top of all that I need a metally distortion, which I've pretty much narrowed to a ProCo RAT, MXR Distortion + or MXR Distortion III, as my TS9 and Big Muff just don't cut it for gig-quality.

To sum it up, new computer, distortion or new wah? Please don't ask any questions, I'm going to sleep after posting this since I start work tomorrow, so can't answer any. I'll check before heading to work though, so feel free to leave some recommendations as I'm stopping at Guitar Center to try some stuff out on the way home. Please try to keep the wah under $160 and the distortion under $90 if you do give recommendations.

I try and play most genres, but generally what my band plays seems to fall into classic rock, prog rock and metal, with a little blues or grunge or punk thrown in here and there. Amp and guitars are in sig, guitars are soon to be joined by either a telecaster or a 335/Dot. For more detail on all my gear and influences and such, click to my profile.

Much appreciated as usual UG.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 13, 2009,
Computer.
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer - White
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender Acoustic

Amps:
Crate head w/ POD preamp
Crate 120 watt POS
Crate Cab
uh try reformatting your computer. if linux works better that means windows has gotten bogged down by all the time its been on there and such.
How can a computer be as much as a pedal?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a Rat and an MXR Distortion+. Two completely different pedals. The Rat has a bright classic rock crunch and can be adjusted to almost sound like a Big Muff. The MXR is IMO nothing special, at least in my setup. If anything YMMV applies to pedals more than anything I can think of.

The Rat is one of my favorite pedals. The MXR is in a drawer and on Craigslist. So that may help in your decision.
i dont even understand how youre comparing the 2 to a computer?

like, you could buy the wah and the distortion, and that would still come out to be less then half of what a new computer would be?
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
[At the same time though, my computer refuses to open iTunes, can barely record properly and half the time I just use Linux instead, so I've been looking at a new computer. I can live with it, albeit begrudgingly, but it is getting annoying not being able to sync my iPod and a few other things.

Just think of all the wonderful music that was around before these damn-fangled computers with their iTunes and ebays and what not... Buy some guitar gear.
Well, after trying everything, I've decided on a bit cheaper of a distortion first(One of the Danelectro ones. Not the cheap plastic ones that break after a few stomps instead of taps, one of the decent metal ones), and I'll decide on the wah or the computer once the wah is being sold. Much appreciated for the advice guys.

And as for everyone wondering why I mentioned a computer with the price difference, $290 used iBook. I figure as long as I'm getting a new computer I may try something different, and I'm trying to keep it cheap so if it doesn't integrate well into my lifestyle, it isn't a huge loss.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
If you're getting an iBook for that cheap, do it. Otherwise get the RAT, because the MXR pedals aren't anything special.

Also I saw you mentioned a future guitar... get an Ibanez Artcore instead of a Dot (assuming you're getting an Epi?), they're much better craftsmanship and QC for the price.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments