somethings wrong i changed the stock strings on my new Art100 from
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-EXL110-Nickel-Regular-Light-Electric-Guitar-Strings?sku=100191 (i think)
to
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-2220-Power-Slinky-Nickel-Round-Wound-Electric-Guitar-Strings?sku=100625

and it was hard to tune it and it had fret buzz i think it is the truss rod since the neck looked like it was bending so i made the strings really loose.

should i fix it myself or go into guitar center tomorrow and let a profesional do it and if i let a professional do it how much will it cost if anything at all?
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
Those EB's are higher gauge strings. They'll have more tension tuned to standard because they're thicker. Thats why it was hard to tune. You'll need to adjust the truss rod if the neck was bending. If you dont know how, take it to guitar center. If you want to do it yourself, check the ultimate setup thread here.
Thanks littlephil
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
i think imma take it to my local shop and not GC heard too much bad stuff about GC and everytime im there most of them dont even play guitar.

anyone know what a basic setup will cost or just to adjust the truss rod?
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
The neck should always have a slight bend in it.

And if the guitar came with .10 strings, changing to those .11 strings isn't enough of a difference to bend the neck. All you're experiencing is what everyone gets when they change string gauge - thicker strings will be harder to tune and bend, you will have to raise your guitar's action slightly as the thicker strings require fractionally more room to vibrate than the older thinner strings, and it will tune oddly since the guitar was intonated for the old gauge. You pretty much just need to re-intonate the bridge (plenty of guides on how to do that floating around, just search depending on what your bridge type is), and the rest is simply what you should expect from thicker strings.

There's absolutely no reason why the truss rod should need adjusting though if the guitar was previously fine with the .10 strings. Going from .10 to .11 strings just isn't enough of a change to require any truss rod adjustment.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'd also recommend against GC. They aren't exactly the best for quality control on repairs. They aren't technicians, they are employees taking on some little projects that they aren't exactly licensed to do. They are just about as reliable as asking a friend to do it for you. They aren't guaranteed to have any sort of professional training and what they are attempting to do on YOUR guitar the person might not have even done it before.

TL/DR: You aren't guaranteed a technician taking it to GC. Take it to someone who is experienced in it.
The neck should always have a slight bend in it.

And if the guitar came with .10 strings, changing to those .11 strings isn't enough of a difference to bend the neck. All you're experiencing is what everyone gets when they change string gauge - thicker strings will be harder to tune and bend, you will have to raise your guitar's action slightly as the thicker strings require fractionally more room to vibrate than the older thinner strings, and it will tune oddly since the guitar was intonated for the old gauge. You pretty much just need to re-intonate the bridge (plenty of guides on how to do that floating around, just search depending on what your bridge type is), and the rest is simply what you should expect from thicker strings.

There's absolutely no reason why the truss rod should need adjusting though if the guitar was previously fine with the .10 strings. Going from .10 to .11 strings just isn't enough of a change to require any truss rod adjustment.

i had it shipped to my local guitar center in california from virginia and virginia is very humid so that might have something to do with it too

edit: my dad asked his coworker that is really into guitars and he said they might be too thick for my type of guitar any1 know what the thickest they are allowed to be on a ibanez art100
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by Brogers at Mar 13, 2009,
They shouldn't be too thick because they are known as "Mediums" generally. The ones you had before are known as "Lights" generally and that is no big leap at all. Its when you get to .08 or .013 that is a little thick or thin.
i just tuned it and raised the action and i got rid of the fret buzz i guess the bend i was seeing was the bend it needs or maybe just my eyes my dad said he didnt even see a bend so... i guess i might upload some picks later but thanks for all your all help littlephil,Chaos Nil and MrFlibble you guys were very helpful and nice
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff