I'm asking the pit this cause its a large community, and hopefully there will be someone who does distance Education instead of high school.

Basically I've recently moved and the schools near me are really behind, so I've been looking into Distance Education by choice.

Does any of the pit goers have any idea about distance ed? and maybe some experiences?

(for those who don't know, distance Ed is like homeschooling, except there are teachers who you can contact if you need help, there is also set work, homework, assignments, exams ect.)

i reckon you would get lonely.......

and plus if your parents both worked then youd slack off heaapppppssss
A few of my friends are doing distance ed through school because the subjects didn't run.
They do alot of work and it's not very fun, they don't seem to learn much.
That's probably a little different from what you're talking about.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by geetar_man0
i reckon you would get lonely.......

and plus if your parents both worked then youd slack off heaapppppssss

I'm already a loner at the new school, no one talks to the new kid, so yeah... Also mum works on the weekends and on Fridays only.

Quote by FFTLxx
A few of my friends are doing distance ed through school because the subjects didn't run.
They do alot of work and it's not very fun, they don't seem to learn much.
That's probably a little different from what you're talking about.

Yeah I'm talking about full Distance Ed. English, maths, Science, all that fun stuff...
Last edited by Lil_Ms_Sunshine at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by Lil_Ms_Sunshine
I'm already a loner at the new school, no one talks to the new kid, so yeah...

Your school sounds nerdy.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Lil_Ms_Sunshine
I'm already a loner at the new school, no one talks to the new kid, so yeah... Also mum works on the weekends and on Fridays only.

if youve got ANY little tiny bit of social skills then people will talk to you eventually.......im sure i dont have to give you a lecture on talking to people.....

just dont act rediculously shy and cower in the dark shady corner and there shouldnt be a problem for too long
you mean lik ehomeschooling? k12 type stuff isnt very fun cause you cant count say boarding as gym.. im doing a more classical aprroach i like like it. i get my socialization (many many jokes about that haha) but i can go at my own pace and no drama!!
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Do what you think is the best.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
To all the people calling me antisocial, that school is antisocial in general. If your not part of a "group" you will just be stared or ignored until you leave.

The school (as I've mentioned) is behind what I've already learned. And in certain subjects (maths, English, Computing) they go to slow, I need to work at my own pace.

The only reason i made this thread was to see if anyone else does Distance Education and whether they like(liked) it better than the more traditional style of learning.