Okay well I've been playing a lot of GnR lately and I want to tune it down to the tune thay play. I have a tuner and right now it says it's set at 440 something. But anyways the only string that it says *b on is the B and two E's.

Would the Gb be the same as A#?
Would the Db be the same as E#?
Would the Ab be the same as B#?
b refers to a flat key and # refers to a sharp key, so an A# would be half a step higher than A so you wouldent be hearing the same sound vs an Ab, being half a step lower.
Last edited by jaketerminate at Mar 13, 2009,
No...
A# = Bb
Db = C#
etc.
If you are using a Korg, just hit the b button once.

Or go in standard... And tune the lowest string to A on the 6th fret. Tune the rest of the strings to the Low Eb after that.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
not sure if this is total 100% acurate but has worked well in the past.....if you just bar the 1st fret and then tune the guitar to standard tuning(E A D G B e). then when you remove your finger everything is a half step down (Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb).

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Last edited by MoshMaster at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by MoshMaster
not sure if this is total 100% acurate but has worked well in the past.....if you just bar the 1st fret and then tune the guitar to standard tuning(E A D G B e). then when you remove your finger everything is a half step down (Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb).

True......but that's unnecessary work. He can use his tuner and tune to the little half step down dot, set his tuner to half step down, or use enharmonics, (D# = Eb etc.)
Quote by Norphin
True......but that's unnecessary work. He can use his tuner and tune to the little half step down dot, set his tuner to half step down, or use enharmonics, (D# = Eb etc.)

thank you....never been sure if this is right.....never had an electronic tuner so all ways done it by ear. might go buy one soon....any cheap but reliable ones you would recomend?

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
lol i didnt get the calibrating or whatever its called of the TUNERS... (they say its for alternate tunings) bt damn if i want a dropped half down tuning... tan i jst tune my strings to the desired notes (like the LCD says im on Eb than Bb and so...

anywayz why did they complicated everything?!
If you can change the setting from 440 to 438 you can tune it that way and it will give you a half step down. this way your display will still come up E A D G B e but it will be a lower tuning.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Last edited by GOLDIE93 at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by GOLDIE93
If you can change the setting from 440 to 438 you can tune it that way and it will give you a half step down.

438 will give you 0,0394 step down tuning.
Be hardcore and move every note one fret down. Or be normal and tune your low E string a half step down, then tune the rest to it.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX