Current gear is in my sig, got about €750-€1000 (USD 969 - 1292)and live in holland.
definatly buying used.
The tone im looking for is mainly for hardcore / metalcore, bands: KSE, devil wears prada, a day to remember, evergreen terrace.

also would like it to have some decent cleans.
any websites that could be recommended for buying used?
Guitars:
Fender stratocaster california series (usa)
Gibson Les Paul classic (1960)
Amps:
ENGL Fireball 60W - Framus FR 2x12 Celestion v30's
Pedals: POD x3 LIVE, BOSS OD-1
GAS: Pedals
You could try to find a used Peavey 6505 or a used Engl Fireball, that'd leave you enough money to get a nice 2x12" cab. If you want more versatility, maybe try an Engl Powerball (I haven't played that one, but I always hear good things about them). If you go for the Powerball, you wouldn't have much money left for a cab though.

If you want a combo, see if you can find a used Line6 Vetta II, it's a modelling combo. Obviously aimed at versatility, but great for metal nevertheless.

Yet another option would be a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade, if you are VERY lucky, you can find the 50w combo new for slightly above 1000€, but a used one is probably your best bet.
The H&K Trilogy is also worth a look. I think you can get one used for 800€ - don't quote me on that though. Then you'd need a cab for it, of course...

If you cannot find anything used that you like, look at the Engl Screamer. It's not everyone's first choice for metal though - I think it lacks the balls until you crank it a bit, and even then it's not quite as agressive as a Peavey 6505 or other Engls. But it's worth a try I figure.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 13, 2009,
ive tried searching for the 6505 for a couple of weeks now but havent found anything online yet. the engl's seem rather overpriced online but guess i should just wait for one of them to pop up.
Guitars:
Fender stratocaster california series (usa)
Gibson Les Paul classic (1960)
Amps:
ENGL Fireball 60W - Framus FR 2x12 Celestion v30's
Pedals: POD x3 LIVE, BOSS OD-1
GAS: Pedals