|--------------------------------------------------------------4---5---|
|-----------------------------------------------------5---7------------|
|---------------------------------------4---6---7---------------------|
|--------------------------4---6---7----------------------------------|
|------------4---5---7------------------------------------------------|
|---5---7--------------------------------------------------------------|

I'm pretty sure that;s how it goes. I'm at school right now and don't have access to a guitar, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's it (It's one of those things where you couldn't tab it unless you're there playing it, kinda things )

But anyways, my friends said it was one of the first scales he learned and he gave it to me to practice, but he never told me what it was.

Anyone know?

Thanks guys!
its the major scale shape, in this case its in A.
if you move your starting fret from the 5th to anywhere else, but play that same shape, it'll still be a major scale, but in the key of whatever note you start on. So move to the 10th and its Dmajor, 7th is Bmajor etc
9TH would be C Major, amirite? Cause I think that;s what I would most likely use.

And if i use a different tuning, would that affect it? Because I was in Drop C at the time, so instead of him having me play it 5--7, he had me play it 7---9 to off set the tuning. Ad if so, what would C Major be when in Drop C?
A Major
Damn, another kid with too much money for gear, but not enough for theory books.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
8th is Cmajor, cos the 8th fret is C, 9th would be C#.

Yeah if u tuned down to drop C it means whatever you play is two tones lower, so instead of the 5th fret being an A itd be an F. So if youre playing drop C and want Cmajor itd be off the...12th

Can you just clarify for me though, cos i dont use the tuning, do you just tune the E down to a C for drop C? cos if so youd want to play the shape as per usual, its just the E string would have to be played 4 frets higher. if that makes sense, if not ill do a diagram, its late in Aus though and im tired haha
Baranbas: Drop C is tuning all strings down one whole step, except for the low E, its two down. So then it would Read CGCFAD (Low to high)

Fantasyh: Yeah, I know I tried reading on the web/books, but I finally gave up and am having someone teach me, cause I just cant learn just by reading, it has to be shown to me.

And I actually have about 1 1/2 years of playing experience, just none of it in theory, which is why I decided to take lessons
ah k sweet, i thought it miiight have been that, so youd play it based off the 10th then (for all strings except the low "E") and youd start that string as 12, 14

D|----------------------------------------------------------------------9---10-|
A|-----------------------------------------------------------10--12------------|
F|-------------------------------------------9--11--12------------------------|
C|----------------------------9--11--12--------------------------------------|
G|--------------9--10--12----------------------------------------------------|
C|---12--14-----------------------------------------------------------------|

hope that helps
Quote by SMB13
Fantasyh: Yeah, I know I tried reading on the web/books, but I finally gave up and am having someone teach me, cause I just cant learn just by reading, it has to be shown to me.

And I actually have about 1 1/2 years of playing experience, just none of it in theory, which is why I decided to take lessons

Wow, I managed not come off as an asshole even though meant to.
Fine, there's nothing wrong with asking, but I'm a bit miffed (and I guess jelaous) that I have nearly 2 years playing exp and I'm still stuck with a Gio and a pracitve amp
Gear:
Electric
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
2 years isnt all that long man, besides, if u can sound good on early cheaper gear youll sound great when u start upgrading what you use.
not something id stress about if i were you
Barnabas: Thanks, much appreciated!

FantasyH: Save up and by a New guitar/amp? Just because I have gear doesnt mean I cant play with it, cause I definitely can. And Im 17 years old with a Job, so the only thing I use my money for is Gas, My Girlfriend, and My Gear.

I dont have bills to pay, so thats what it goes to. Not to mention my holiday gifts are usually gear.

So im sorry if your mad cause that ive got gear, but I suppose you can upgrade at anytime you want, so its not really my fault that your mad
Quote by SMB13
fantasyh: Save up and by a New guitar/amp? Just because I have gear doesnt mean I cant play with it, cause I definitely can. And Im 17 years old with a Job, so the only thing I use my money for is Gas, My Girlfriend, and My GEAR

So im sorry if your mad cause that ive got gear, but I suppose you can upgrade at anytime you want, so its not really my fault that your mad

I'm not my, why would I be? You've got wealthy parents good for you. I got my Epi for my Birthday and Christmas, and still paid half the price myself.
Good for you you've got good grear, I'm happy for you.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh
I'm not my, why would I be? You've got wealthy parents good for you. I got my Epi for my Birthday and Christmas, and still paid half the price myself.
Good for you you've got good grear, I'm happy for you.

I have One wealthy parent. And thats only because its just me and my dad. No brothers, no sisters, no mother.

Our house is paid off, Our cars are paid off, Dad made good investments. We have extra money

The only thing That was Given to me was the Samick and Peavey VK, and two pedals. I bought The Jackson, LTD, Crate (Bleh) MXR, and Tubescreamer with money i got from MY Job, NOT my dads

Just saying.
This thread has degraded to meaningless spam. This thread should have ended at it's second post, which was perfectly correct no additional information needed.
I'm going to report it before it turns into a shitstorm
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
This thread has degraded to meaningless spam. This thread should have ended at it's second post, which was perfectly correct no additional information needed.
I'm going to report it before it turns into a shitstorm

Not after the second post, after the one where B told me what it would for Drop C. THEN it was a **** hole.

I was gonna delete it after FAntasy replied, so calm down, sir