Trying to get split coil, i reached to pull the tone knob on my guitar. i pulled the volume knob instead and it came off

i can put it back on but it doesnt stay on firmly anymore. what do i do?
This happened to me, though with the tone knob. Pretty easy fix: dab of superglue on the pot rod and stick that sucker back on.
that thought came across my mind but i am reluctant to do anything that will change the instrument in a way i cant take back. i want to keep it exactly how it is.
Do not super glue it, you may need to get it off for a repair someday. Does the knob have a small set screw in it? If so, tighten it. If the shaft is split down the center take a small screwdriver (or similar device) and VERY VERY gently open the gap of the shaft. Be very careful doing this, if you spread it to much the knob won't go back on.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by zeek7pc
Do not super glue it, you may need to get it off for a repair someday. Does the knob have a small set screw in it? If so, tighten it. If the shaft is split down the center take a small screwdriver (or similar device) and VERY VERY gently open the gap of the shaft. Be very careful doing this, if you spread it to much the knob won't go back on.

+2! Much better advice.
Moving on.....