I want kind of a Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath kind of sound. Something really heavy that doesnt sound muddy. I will go used, I have about $500 but am willing to go way above that to around $1000. I kind of dont want to get a SS amp anymore since I have a spider II 30w (the best part is, my friend wants to buy this amp when I get a new one ). I think I should get a half stack since my spider II is already loud enough to get over drums (sounding terrible of course). I don't care how many watts just nothing more than I'll ever need. Something that can play over drums decently. What other info do you guys need to help me out?
Last edited by gtrplyr at Mar 13, 2009,
Well, BFMV use 5150's, so I would go with a used 5150 combo, and maybe replace the speakers with Celestion Vintage 30's.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Well, BFMV use 5150's, so I would go with a used 5150 combo, and maybe replace the speakers with G12K-100s

Fixed.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Well, BFMV use 5150's, so I would go with a used 5150 combo, and maybe replace the speakers with Celestion Vintage 30's.

thanks ive always wondered what amps they used, any other suggestions?
Well...the tones of BFMV and Underoath are completely different IIRC...(havent heard Underoath in a while)
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
^ IIRC??????

Quote by bulletrocks522

what are some cabs that have CV30's in them since im looking for a half stack? i listened to 2 sound clips on netmusician of that speaker and it sounded really good.
Last edited by gtrplyr at Mar 13, 2009,
IIRC = If I remember correctly...
I couldn't recall Underoaths sound at the time, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a "brutal" tone.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by gtrplyr
^ IIRC??????

what are some cabs that have CV30's in them since im looking for a half stack? i listened to 2 sound clips on netmusician of that speaker it sounded really good.

marshall, orange, and avatar all make cabs with Celestion V30's in them. Take note that the marshall V30's are rated at 70 watts a piece making the cab 280 watts max handling. I'm not sure if the avatar and orange cabs are the same.

PS my marshall 1960 AV is for sale
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by gtrplyr
^ IIRC??????

what are some cabs that have CV30's in them since im looking for a half stack? i listened to 2 sound clips on netmusician of that speaker and it sounded really good.

Best bet would be a Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab.

^^^^^
It used to be......
They now use JCM800's and Orange Rockers
http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/229/38/
Yeah, I would recommend a used Mesa Boogie cab.
I've found a few 412's for $500 CAD out there.

Or an avatar if you're in the U.S. and are bothered to go through with shipping.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
IIRC = If I remember correctly...
I couldn't recall Underoaths sound at the time, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a "brutal" tone.

underoath's new stuff is much much dirtier, and much less pop-screamo whatever.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
Well...the tones of BFMV and Underoath are completely different IIRC...(havent heard Underoath in a while)

They are.

And most of those tones sound fairly muddy to me

But a 5150 should do it no problem
Some amps to check out.

1. Peavey 5150 or 6505+ (they are releasing a 1x12 combo soon for $550-ish, most people say they don't have good cleans)
2. Mesa/Boogie Mark III
3. Ampeg VH140c (Solid state, but sounds amazing)
4. Mesa F-series
5. Mesa DC-series
6. Peavey XXX or Ultra
7. Line 6 Flextone III (the Spider's cool older brother who makes six figures a year and drives a Ferrari)

Out of those I'd say the Boogie Mark III would be your best choice in terms of overall greatest sound (both clean and distorted) except they run about $900 used.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Matthew tuck of bullet uses a 6505+ with mesa boogie cabs.
Machael Padget uses mesa boogie triple rectifiers with mesa boogie cabs

Thats how to sound like bullet.. Oh and get a Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer.
Ibanez RG321MH - PearlBlue (Now with EMG 85 and 81)
Jackson JS30RR - Black
Ibanez RG321MH - Black (now Red)

line 6 POD x3
CRATE GT212
Boss NS-2 (unused)
Ibanez TubeKing TK999HT (unused)

http://www.youtube.com/gconry
Avenged use Bogner Uberschall's but you should look for a used 6505 or 6505+
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string