Poll: what do you think changed Avenged Sevenfolds sound between WTF and COE?
Poll Options
View poll results: what do you think changed Avenged Sevenfolds sound between WTF and COE?
shadows losing screaming ability
4 16%
Musical Growth
9 36%
Synyster Gates' influence since joing the band
7 28%
Commercial Success
5 20%
Voters: 25.
as part of my college project i need to find out:

How have Avenged Sevenfolds’ (A7X) songwriting developed since the ‘Waking the Fallen’ album to the ‘City of Evil’ album, concentrating on what factors inside and outside the band influenced a new sound direction.

any comments will be greatly appreciated.
They're still shit either way. Hardcore forum btw

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by Zero-Hartman
They're still shit either way. Hardcore forum btw

+1 & Fixed.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
He can still scream, he chooses not to scream most of the time though.

/Typical fan rant.

Anyways,
It was as much to do with the production on City of Evil rather than Waking the Fallen. On 'All Excess' they talk about how Mudrock improved the bands ability to write and arrange songs when they were recording Waking the Fallen.

I don't believe commercial success/the growth of their fanbase is why they've changed, they just don't want to be putting out the same music for every album.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I think it's just cause they wanted to try a new sound and didn't want to have the same thing in every album. and i don't see why people call them metal poseurs when they're not even trying to be metal.
Lots less screams, more focus on melody.
My gear:

- Squier Stratocaster

- Fender 15G

-Crappy First Act
Synyster's joining caused all of the above effects.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Yeah, their sound has definitely changed from album to album. I think its mainly due to shadows losing his scream and then the band having to adapt to that with a different style. But this changing only made them better musicians and writers.