*Okay, very noobish question alert*

I mean, I own Fender FMT HH Custom Telecater and It's got the seriel number, so I went on the Fender's website it doesn't say anything about it.

Also how important is the seriel number????
Its just like the identification tag. It usually tells, where, when, and what production number the guitar is.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Serial numbers are hugely important on more expensive guitars. Give Fender a call and they'll tell you pretty much everything there is to know about your guitar. Like if it's real and if it's ever been reported stolen.
Quote by Baby Joel
Its just like the identification tag. It usually tells, where, when, and what production number the guitar is.

At least for USA/Japanese high end instruments. For small companies it is a production number. For most companies now though it is just a tag for records keeping in case of repairs. Some will tell you wear it was made, but the trend of WHEN seems to have gone down the toilet in recent years on non high end guitars.

EDIT: Like on the TS's guitar, it is totally useless for practical purposes.
That's why I said 'usually'.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
That's why I said 'usually'.

It is ashame more overseas models now don't at least give a year in the number fwiw...
Very true. I for one really like finding out what year my guitar is. Even if its only two years old, it still feels so much nicer than just 'Made between 2004-2008'.
To me, it also shows a start of dropping of quality control. But that's just me.
it's all coming back