Ok i play in a metal core band, my sg is usually in drop b. I play through a Peavey valveking 212 combo. Stocks arent cutting it, I want passives that have high output, but are clear unlike like the dimebucker, or sh-8 invader. Im looking at a Seymour Duncan JB, do you guys have anything better to reccomend?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
bill lawrence l500xl tried a washburn nuno bettencort with this beast in the bridge and it blew me away
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
i have a jb in my les paul and i like it. i have a gibson dirty fingers in my sg. the dirty fingers is really good, you should atleast look into it
alright will do
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Don't get the Dirty Fingers; it's sterile and harsh with no clarity whatsoever. Anybody that likes it is frankly wrong. It's so crap I can say that objectively, man.
Alright, not objectively, but I thought it was horrible.
The JB is a nice pickup but for an SG it won't work; due to the way the pickups respond to the strings in an SG your pickups will sound best if their output is either vintage or extreme. No halfway house.
Drop tuned metal is to my ears very well served by a DiMarzio D-Sonic with the bar towards the bridge. Outstanding clarity even when your strings are flopping around in drop Zb.
The Wilde Bill Lawrence L500 is supposed to be outstanding too; I'm looking around for one to try, you should as well because it suits your needs.
As far as a neck position pickup is concerned I suggest a DiMarzio Evolution Neck model. Should cut through the very dark tone that an SG has.
Also, if you have a good budget then Bare Knuckle Warpigs are the best thigs you could ever do for an SG if you play metal.
+1 to the D Sonic, you pretty much described it in your post.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've never really looked into Dimazzio, but I think that sounds good
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w