My gear consists of:
Line 6 spider II 30 W
Boss Me-50
Jackson JS50 ke or something?it's a kelly like JS30KE but with FR,discontinued now.

Any advice on how to get a good metal sound from them?
I want a really heavy and deep sound on palm mutes but still not too much distorted.I guess i'm asking for a lot with the gear i have =D
I just can't get a sound that i do like for over a day,
Anyway,i'll probably change pickups and pots during summer and maybe buy a dist pedal or something so any advise on that should be welcome too.
GET A BETTER AMP FIRST. your amp is ****. doesn't matter if you chance pickups or buy a dist or overdrive. It will still sound like ****.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I stopped reading at the word "spider."
Those amps are crap.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
I've never owned an ME50.

Deep sounding palm mutes with less distortion?! IDK dude. Add some distortion. haha. Turn the bass up.

Does your amp have all the amp models? Try Insane Green, tweak around with the Mid because you'll get a variety of sounds on this amp model, I think. Not sure. Had Spider II a while back so my brain is a bit rusty on it. Also, play around with the Distortion boost. I think that was holding down Tap Tempo or something while turning up one of the knobs. lol. I forget the specifics. Definitely turn up the bass and play with the Mids. Is your amp open back/sealed enclosure?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by leondb
Try Insane Green

Insane green?No no!it's a 30W spider II.No 60 no 120.Meaning,just a yellow light on the channel indicating that it's on^^Thank you for actually trying to help me though.It's back is open.
Anyway,yeah i know this amp is no good but it was my first.I'd like to get a new one but i really have NO idea of which one is really worth it.
Last edited by Sam The Ripper at Mar 13, 2009,
I looked it up. http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pdf/man/m_482255.pdf

You should have Distortion Boost and Green Insane, if the manual is accurate. Try it out.

Edit: You're lucky you don't have Insane Red. That sucks on the II.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Any effects are going to sound like shit on that amp...modeling amps don't take pedals well...especially the spiders
Quote by Sam The Ripper
Insane green?No no!it's a 30W spider II.No 60 no 120.Meaning,just a yellow light on the channel indicating that it's on^^Thank you for actually trying to help me though.It's back is open.
Anyway,yeah i know this amp is no good but it was my first.I'd like to get a new one but i really have NO idea of which one is really worth it.

Give us a budget and bands you want to sound like. than we can help you.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Best suggestion in my opinion is a Bugera 6260 or 6262. Its a copy of the Peavey 5150/6505. Machine Head uses 5150/6505s. LoG uses Mesa Boogie Mark IV which are out of your price range and Mark III would be hard to find. AILD uses Krank which are also hard to get for this price unless you can find a used Rev. Jr or Rev Jr. Pro.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Sam The Ripper
Isn't this amp too much?

You never said if you play live or not so how am I supposed to know.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
If your going to continue to use the spider invest in the line6 controller vs the multiFX pedal. Or if your going to keep using the pedal invest in an amp without a ton of settings you arent going to use. You are in luck as the only tone spider seem to get any thing close to decent at is metal. Your just gonna have to tweak it forever.
@helsinki_vampir ,true,just for practice or a band jam,no live stuff etc.Sorry i should have mentioned it.