i was wondering how do you add more guitar presets for real instruments . and amp models.

i have garageband the version before 09'
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
When you edit one of the preset guitar models (changing the amp or adding effects) It lets you save it to the list, either by clicking "save settings" or if you change it again it asks if you want to save it.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
i was referinng to like download other presets. and amp models . sorry for misunderstanding
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
I use Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 3 in Garageband - loads of options - and they sound better than the one's in Garageband too! The newest Amplitube FENDER is amazing if you like Fender Amps.

There's more Garageband Amps in the JAM PACKS. I currently have 20 or more now with the Jam Packs installed but still think GR 3 and AT 2 beat em all for realism and less noise.

Garageband '09 has some really nice stuff for guitar players in it. Better Amps - Stomp-Boxes, a 3-D GUI, etc., and the sound is better too.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Mar 13, 2009,
first i use garageband without interface. would i need one for guitar rig or amplitube on the mac ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
I have 2 interfaces but never use them much - my Imac RAWKS without any. Just a 1/4" -> 1/8" adapter. I've been using a cheap ART TUBE MP STUDIO preamp lately though - it adds a bit of warmth...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
what software would be best to get for mac . fir amp modeling and stuff. since i cant upgrade to garageband 09 ' still on tiger.

but if i use amplitube or guitar rig on mac . do i need an interface or would it be teh same as using garageband
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :