I currently have:

Ibanez JEM Jr. (333)
Roland Cube 30x

Anything i can get (not too expensive, within maybe 300 bucks) to improve my lead tone?

Or should i just save up and get a guitar effects processor like a pod or a gt-10?
Quote by Timothongz
I currently have:

Ibanez JEM Jr. (333)
Roland Cube 30x

Anything i can get (not too expensive, within maybe 300 bucks) to improve my lead tone?

Or should i just save up and get a guitar effects processor like a pod or a gt-10?

an fx processor won't make much of a difference, i'd replace the amp.
Quote by brkwdballer1891
^ no they wouldnt.

get a new amp

You're telling IbanezPsycho that he's wrong!??

TS: With your current budget you should go with IPs suggestion. Even if you sell your cube you aren't going to have a large enough budget to purchase an amp that will vastly improve your tone.
Quote by brkwdballer1891
^ no they wouldnt.

get a new amp

Yes they will. The answer to every thread isn't "new amp."

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well, a new amp would make the biggest change in a tone but, the Roland Cube 30x is pretty sweet as is.

I don't know if a delay pedal would be worth it because there is a delay onboard. EQ however would be affect the tone quite a bit, a nice little mid boost would give you a nice pick attack for some lead playing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
hmm well i forget what the cube has stock with it sooo.

i wil say some things for leads- delay, EQ, Chorus(maybe?), reverb.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Cube 30 is not a bad amp. Among other things (like multiple delay types/tap tempo/looper feature) the point of having a separate delay is to be able to turn it on and off with your foot when you switch from rhythm to lead in the middle of a song. EQ pedal would also help both from a mid boost and signal boost perspective. Slight tremelo and chorus are also good to layer over leads.

As IbanezPsycho said delay and EQ are the two best options.
Chorus, EQ, Delay are staples in my book for leads. A compressor would be cool too. For $300, you could pick up a MXR 10-band EQ, EHX Small Clone, and a used Carbon Copy/Ibanez AD9 if I did my math right. If you decide to go for a compressor, I'd get either a Boss CS-3 or an MXR Dyna Comp.
do you not have overdrive/distortion?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
do you not have overdrive/distortion?

OD wont really help on a cube man, dist won't really help for the lead tone as well.

The EQ will be used as a boost in this situation.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
The nice thing about the cube is that is has a number of built in FXs. An EQ pedal might help to fine tune your sound but as the cube has no FX loops you may not like how other pedals such as a chorus would sound being placed before the amp models.