Just got this in the mail yesterday... I already got to take it to my drummer's and see how she sounds. So...

First off, this thing is butt-ugly. I believe the design was drawn up during a car crash, or maybe a building collapse. Second the construction is terrible. The "metal" used feels cheaper than the old Dano plastic, and pushing the button recquires a real umph. The switches are unbelievably difficult to see/adjust with any accuracy. Also its orange...

The sound, on the other hand, is pretty damn good for $30. On the lower settings it can get close to the CREAM sound for smooth bluesy solo's, but not nearly as loose. Crank up the fuzz a bit and you've got Queens of the Stone Age type stoner-rock fuzz/distortion. I was hoping to get a little bit more sloppy, loose, wet fuzz out of it, but I'm pretty happy with the distortion type sounds I can get. Also this thing is LOUD. Feedback is inevitable (I couldn't be happier about that.)

I had been looking at this for a month or so, and never got a real good review so I hope this helps some cheap bastards like myself who are saying, "Why should I drop $75 on a Big Muff when I can get the CF-1 for $30?"

Conclusion: If you want a very specific vintage fuzz tone out of this thing, keep saving. If you, like me, just get sick of overdrive/distortion tones and want a looser, creamier gain tone, go for it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
cool. you should record some clips for us.
and even better, show us the circuit for it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The Cool Cat is a pretty cool fuzz, especially for the price... have any of you guys tried the French Toast? That one is absolute insanity.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Ya my next purchase is either an octave or a delay... not sure yet. French Toast looks pretty cool, but I was impatient and wanted my fuzz NAO!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!