I'm having my Crybaby wah pedal repaired and I thought I'd have a go at painting it when I get it back. Has anyone else done this? What paint did you use and how did you go about doing it?
use acrylic paint. roughen it up a bit first with some sandpaper or something so the pain has something to stick to.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Alternately, use like Testors model paint. It works pretty well, I do that.

Edit: if you do it this way, you don't really have to sand or clearcoat or anything. It sort of just magically stays on, as if it really just IS the easiest solution to an easy problem
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Last edited by drewsta42 at Mar 13, 2009,
Hmmm, I was hoping to be able to use spray paint. That way I can just cut out some templates and spray them on to it.
Oh awesome. I'll give that a go then. I was also thinking of getting some masking tape and spraying a load of lines on it so it looks like the EVH Wah. Only red lines instead of yellow. I'm undecided at the moment.
I mean, it's your pedal, but I'd do some kind of actual graphic personally -- not only is the EVH stuff just a half-assed paintjob on its own, it's also eeeendlessly copied by kids on and off these boards just because that one dude is super famous. Plus that wouldn't even be as fun as drawing/cutting a stencil for something cool looking
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band