My band's kind of strange. We're a father-son retropunk band called Autograph of the Sun. I've done LOTS and LOTS of self-promotion on a budget of nill, and our internet is too slow to upload tracks so at some point we'll have to go to the library. A few things; Right now, we're not really gig material. Any advice? Also; I'm thinking of starting a band with my friend who's got a great voice but I don't have any other people who play the kind of music I want and I'm satisfied with my current band. We self-release our music on TuneCore. Any ideas for gigs and/or self promotion?

Edit: Okay, I'm kind of in a dilemma is what I meant. The father plays acoustic and sings, I play electric, songwrite and rap. If my friend joined as singer, it would be great BUT-well, there's the problem. Than the father would only play acoustic, and he's a great punk singer and has the britpop voice we need. I'm thinking of maybe starting a new band with my friend, but it's hard as **** to find a rhythm guitarist or even a bassist. Or even a drummer! There's bucketloads of guitarists and some singers, but man! Who WANTS to play rhythm? And who DOES play drums or bass? I know everybody SAY they do, but...urgh!

EDIT: This is kind of funny; I've given up on the other pursuit, but my girlfriend is an AMAZING singer and the father isn't a GREAT singer...so I've been thinking of adding her as well! Heh...I know...it's not actually funny at all, but-father, son-and his girlfriend lol
Last edited by 3BlindMyceZeke at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
sounds cool man
stuff like this makes me wish I had a dad.....

Same dude.
On the upside I'm gonna be playing in the band he used to be in a very long time ago... "Mutant Sheep" once mentioned my the late John Peel for having one of the worst band names ever who sent demos to him lol.
my dad's hatred of metal/nu-metal has been a constant inspiration to me
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
sounds cool man
stuff like this makes me wish I had a dad.....

I'm sorry to hear that he's gone....
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
Who WANTS to play rhythm?

True that bro. Rhythm is gay unless you are a huge-ass headbanger or the singer.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by pengiunman
True that bro. Rhythm is gay unless you are a huge-ass headbanger or the singer.

I would rather play rhythm.

Cool, you can shred. Now can you actually play a song? More importantly WRITE a song thats interesting?

No, you can shred.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I would rather play rhythm.

Cool, you can shred. Now can you actually play a song? More importantly WRITE a song thats interesting?

No, you can shred.

Sorry, I mean like if you make a song with a rhythm, and there is a solo, would you rather play or back the solo?
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.