What are your opinions on the Carvin V3? I recently heard about it, and it looks like a great head for the price. Does it have good tone, build quality, etc... ? What are your thoughts?
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
its a mesa killer, awesome amp
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
yah its definitely and understated amp, really great, if i was to buy a 100 watt head this would be the amp to buy.
Both of you definately have not played it and just read reviews or listened to clips.

Horrible amp.

My friend has one, it's downstairs right now.

Had had to get the first one returned with the warranty. Amp just died completely.

Clean channel is pretty nice, it's hard to mess those up to be honest. Bright and sparkly. Kinda plain, no low end at all.

Channels 1 and 2 (same exact channel, just different options) cool idea to give you 2 of the same channels for you to make a good rhythm and lead channel. The gain structure is voiced very similarly to a recto, however, it really lacks a lot of the low end. My friend has a dual 15 band EQ running through the amp. We just can't get a nice amount of bass out of it, even when using the G-flex. When you can't get a nice amount of low end it really messes with how you play an amp. They have a ton of gain, but it turns to static once you get over 1:00. The leads play well, due to a lot of saturation and gain structure.

Carvin prides themselves on how you can butcher the EQ, keep it flat, scoop it, or mid boost it and it will still sound good... this is partly to do with how piss poor the EQs strength is. Despite how high the bass and mid EQ knob is, it just doesn't change the tone much.

I might get around to recording a clip of it depending on when my new guitar gets here.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Both of you definately have not played it and just read reviews or listened to clips.

Horrible amp.

My friend has one, it's downstairs right now.

Had had to get the first one returned with the warranty. Amp just died completely.

Clean channel is pretty nice, it's hard to mess those up to be honest. Bright and sparkly. Kinda plain, no low end at all.

Channels 1 and 2 (same exact channel, just different options) cool idea to give you 2 of the same channels for you to make a good rhythm and lead channel. The gain structure is voiced very similarly to a recto, however, it really lacks a lot of the low end. My friend has a dual 15 band EQ running through the amp. We just can't get a nice amount of bass out of it, even when using the G-flex. When you can't get a nice amount of low end it really messes with how you play an amp. They have a ton of gain, but it turns to static once you get over 1:00. The leads play well, due to a lot of saturation and gain structure.

Carvin prides themselves on how you can butcher the EQ, keep it flat, scoop it, or mid boost it and it will still sound good... this is partly to do with how piss poor the EQs strength is. Despite how high the bass and mid EQ knob is, it just doesn't change the tone much.

I might get around to recording a clip of it depending on when my new guitar gets here.

Are you sure you're not just mad that he said it's a 'mesa killer'?
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

I have played it , in fact i owned one for 2 years and loved it, sold it because i was hurting for cash and to me it sounds better then any mesa recto ever could. in fact in a band situation it cuts throught the mix better then my bandmates mesa dual recto at the time did, and guess who bought my V3, thats right he did
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Generak777
Are you sure you're not just mad that he said it's a 'mesa killer'?

Definitely

I don't play mesa's anymore anyway.

The amp has no low end. It's definately not a recto killer.

Opening it up you can tell they cut some corners. PCB mounted tubes, big no no, many guys have had problems with the amps.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Hmm... Let me know when you put those clips up
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*