Just purchased a new Ibanez RG tremolo to play on my line6 spider 3 amp (15 watt 8inch) Sounds great except when i play the low e string anywhere on the fretboard or even open i recieve NO sound from my amp. all other strings are picked up and registered through my amp but its as if im not even plugged in when i play the low e. any suggestions on where my problem may lie? I was thinking the guitar cuz my ovation plays just fine on the amp. Thanks for your help.
Try another guitar, then you can look for a pickup problem, have you tried switching the pickup posistioning? ( Pick up switch that is)
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
Could be the tone pots too maybe?
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Quote by mlfarrell
Could be the tone pots too maybe?

this??? try turning your tone knob to 10. turning it to zero will cut out trebles which will give a bassy tone, but your pickups might not be able to read that tone, so try turning the tone knob up
Though I doubt this is the problem, if your pickups are very far from the strings you could try raising them, giving you more tone = more treble = high e. Kind of a longshot, but still.
you tried switching to the other pup?

check the settings on that amp (is there a bypass or reset) after you adjust pup height and check the tone knobs.

perhaps you're cutting off low frequencies.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you tried switching to the other pup?

check the settings on that amp (is there a bypass or reset) after you adjust pup height and check the tone knobs.

perhaps you're cutting off low frequencies.

keep in mind he's talking about the line 6 spider III 15...

no bypass
The clear choice is to just simply bring it in to your local guitar shop. They'll find the problem and fix it if it needs fixing.

But yeah, try another guitar first.
Also, some people are deaf to certain tones. Maybe you're deaf to that tone!

Bahaha... unlikely, but certainly plausable.

Good luck, fellow.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
geez, there's plenty to do prior to going to a shop.

it's not like switching to a dif pup is going to hurt anything.

^yeah i know its a little spider, but you know. gotta respect the amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011