well i called my music store near me and they said its will be 250 for the 81 and 85 pick ups and to install them. is that a good price?
Dude... Thats REALLY good. Thats like buying them at retail price AND getting the install free. Most people make you buy them at wholesale price and then the install is free. Is there any drilling or hole cutting to be done on your guitar?
i dont think so i have a les paul and he did not say anything about that. would that be bad if they did?
thats exactly what i pay but i have to install em myself...
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
For dollars, that's okay.
For Euros, that's a little much. Should be more like 220-230.
For Pounds, that's just ridiculous. Should be well under 200.
Well, okay deal then. Don't worry about drilling or anything, it's not necessary from what I know. Only problem is the battery and that one should fit into the electronics-cavity at the back of the guitar easily.
That's a good deal. Around here they'd be almost 260-270$ just for the PUPs themselves and then another 70-80$ for the install. That's from a professional of course.
Yeah, that set is $220 where I live with $50 on top for install.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
wow. well i am getting a god price. well the music store is called guitar studio and the guy that ownes it is like 60 and he knows everything about guitars. and he gives everybody discounts of the retail price.i got my les paul standard for 399
no he is not that crazy lol epiphone
is the 500 on the net. plus he gave me a hard shell case. and i got it for 399
My EMG 81/85 set was 190 USD new, and they only charged me 25 for the install.

Guess I lucked out!
I think it's ridiculous to pay $50 for someone to mount a set of pickups, make two solder connections each, and replace a jack and some pots.

Seriously, just learn to do it yourself. It's not hard.
Quote by al112987
I think it's ridiculous to pay $50 for someone to mount a set of pickups, make two solder connections each, and replace a jack and some pots.

Seriously, just learn to do it yourself. It's not hard.

i have to agree. when i bought my first set of new replacement pups i was quoted at like $75 for installing them, and i said f*ck it and did research online. it's really not that difficult, use a wiring diagram. what i do along with that is use some plain white paper, draw my own reference diagram and what is soldered where, in case i get mixed up. makes things MUCH easier when you draw/label things in a way that YOU understand best, since it is coming from you anyway.

well worth it. that was my first guitar mod ever, aside from changing my own strings lol, and since then i haven't paid a shop to do anything i can do myself.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Not the best price, but if your switching from passives to actives then a lot of that will be just the work needed to make the switch.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Oh and if you are switching form pasives to actives it might be best to get someone.

Only ddo it yourself the first time if you are switching active to active. Thats just my opinion, it's just a little more complicated that way.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
ehm, it would appear you own an MG15, and in that case i dont know if it would really be worth it =/
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
ehm, it would appear you own an MG15, and in that case i dont know if it would really be worth it =/

If you paid more attention he is getting a B-52, and how do you know that has been updated.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!