Okay I was thinking of getting back into the guitar recently. I have been doing some MIDI work in Apple Logic Studio 8 and just couldn't get the sound I wanted so I thought I would try and put a guitar track in.

I think I have a Yamaha Pacifica and a Marshall amp of some description. I was not all that bad when I played previously so I don't think it will take me all that long to get back into it again, but the real question is what is the best way to go about recording on your computer? I have no idea, I think I need a firewire thing to plug the guitar into but they all seem quite expensive. Does anyone know if a reasonably cheap thing exists that gives okay sound quality? Plus is the Yamaha still a decent guitar? I remember when I bought it that it was rated as being about the best you could get for the price.

Thanks for any help .
You should start with the guitar, since you haven't been playing for eight years you maybe should clean and tune it (or put new strings on it).
Guitars:

Schecter Omen 6
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Granada F1/65

Amp:

Ibanez Toneblaster 15R
Quote by bade0815
You should start with the guitar, since you haven't been playing for eight years you maybe should clean and tune it (or put new strings on it).

Yeah, I was going to take it down to a local guitar shop for a bit of a refurbish and what have you. But still interested to know how people record the guitar on their computers. Logic Studio has some fantastic guitar stuff and I'd love to try them out.

Thanks.