Is there anywhere I can get a p style bass without a pickguard? I hate the way they look with one, and I'm pretty sure the pickguards are attached to the p ups, like in a strat.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
they're everywhere. off the top of my head the first brand that comes to mind is ibanez.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
^ True, they're generally screwed onto the body...I don't think I've ever seen a P-bass, or any bass, for that matter, with the pups attached to the pickguard.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Mar 13, 2009,
I know someone who has a honda bass like that, but it's not that good. And I dodn't even know honda makes basses.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ True, they're generally screwed onto the body...I don't think I've ever seen a P-bass, or any bass, for that matter, with the pups attached to the pickguard.

rickenbacker screw them into the pickguard
Quote by Mutant Corn
Weird...what's it look like? You sure it's not a Hondo?

He definitely means Hondo.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Salute to Jaco
I know someone who has a honda bass like that, but it's not that good. And I dodn't even know honda makes basses.
That's pretty funny.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
The Duff McKagan Sig and the Big Block Pbass(This one doesn't have a splitcoil pickup.) are Fender Pbasses with no pickgaurd. The aerodyne jazz and the Frank Bello sig are jazz basses with no pickgaurd and Pbass pickups.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
i'm surprised it hasn't been said yet so look for the old Fender Jazz Bass Specials
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.