Page 1 of 2

^
l
l
l
Are you kidding me Gibson? Really are you serious? BC Rich just called and want their crappy tribal graphics back!

Way to market a Limited Run Series restricted to just 350 guitars to trailer trash that can’t afford your Stupid markups. "The Gibson Tribal V" Coming soon to the musiciansfriend.com clearance section soon!

That happened to you Gibson? When did you become completely out of touch with what your Players/Owners want?
Good God, whats happening to Gibson.
I thought Robot Guitars were bad enough, then the Holy Explorer and V, and NOW THIS? I'm being put off gibson even more now.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
have you seen the Gibson Zakk Wylde "Buzzsaw"? Looks just like the Dean Splittail, but with an orange and black graphic

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400

V's with graphics are tight dawg
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I don't see anything wrong with it. I wouldn't get it, but I don't want a trem or graphics. At least it's not the reverse V.
Hate flying V's anyway. The pinstripes add a few more percent to "ugly". Like putting lipstick on a pig!
Guitar & Bass
Quote by cukd7x-a2-

V's with graphics are tight dawg

I fuking jizzed my pants, ME WANT NOW!!!!
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
I don't like Vs, or any of those pointy shapes, but I must admit it's pretty damn cool.
Weren't they going crazy since people were copying theyre designs back in the 70's and 60's? Glad to see they have a double standard. Plus BC Rich's graphic is MUCH better.

(But they're guitars aren't the best...sure they look amazing but you only get mediocre pickups with the guitars)
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Vykk Draygo
I don't see anything wrong with it. I wouldn't get it, but I don't want a trem or graphics. At least it's not the reverse V.

I'd have one, but maybe in a different colour.

BTW, I don't like the Robot guitars, the reverse V or ZakK Wylde's SG/Flying V cross
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
OMg its the end of the world everyone else has an opinion besides you dude, I like it personally gives a nice 80's metal feel
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Dude.
So it's not your cup of tea. Big deal. What's far more pertinent is the fact that it's got a Kahler, a difference in specification big enough to warrant its exclusivity.

Since the V is too narrow a topic to warrant a thread of its own this thread should probably be about the 2009 limited editions. I personally think this is a work of art.
I dont mind this guitar, it doesnt really stand out as innovative though. The Holy V was pretty unique, Holy explorer was uneeded.We need some cooler guitars of the month.How about a Les Paul V or Explorer with the same top as the Diablo.Or how about a Shred Les Paul.Or why not a Corvus reissue?
Quote by burnboy85
I dont mind this guitar, it doesnt really stand out as innovative though. The Holy V was pretty unique, Holy explorer was uneeded.We need some cooler guitars of the month.How about a Les Paul V or Explorer with the same top as the Diablo.Or how about a Shred Les Paul.Or why not a Corvus reissue?

Tribal V has a Kahler and a custom finish, lending it quite well to 80s metal players.
Holy Explorer was cooler than the Holy V IMO.
By a Les Paul V do you mean a fully bound V with a maple top with a 'burst and PAFs? Yes, that would be cool.
A Diablo Explorer would be pointless. The two main selling points of the Diablo (the carving and the control locations) are redundant on an Explorer as the shape doesn't lend itself to a carve and the controls are already in a convenient place.
There is already a shred Les Paul in the form of the Axcess.
Corvus reissue would be cool.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so specific but whatever.
I think the fact that it hasn't got a locking nut is far worse than the graphics, which don't look that bad. IMO they just look too cheap for a Gibson, especially a limited edition guitar.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by Wonker

Are you kidding me Gibson? Really are you serious? BC Rich just called and want their crappy tribal graphics back!

Way to market a Limited Run Series restricted to just 350 guitars to trailer trash that can’t afford your Stupid markups. "The Gibson Tribal V" Coming soon to the musiciansfriend.com clearance section soon!

That happened to you Gibson? When did you become completely out of touch with what your Players/Owners want?

Wow... That is just bad.

Seriously, if I wanted Tribal Graphics, I would buy a B.C. Rich, not a Gibson.

Gibson should have taken all the money spent developing that abomination and sunk it into improving quality control and customer support.

Or possibly bringing back out-of-production guitars, like the Firebird VII.

Edit: And Gibson, if you are going to put a tremolo bridge on a guitar, at least put some locking nuts so the player doesn't have to retune every time he uses it!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Mar 13, 2009,
I can't stand the "Don't change" philosophy.

keep your old models by all means, but I can't stand it when people moan about companies coming out with new models.

the robot came out, the major response was a cry of 'omg no not a new innovation', Then when gibson saw that people didn't want completely new stuff they thought they'd do limited edition models based on the classics with slight (sort of) changes.

now people are bitching about those. jesus christ, you're luddites of the guitar world.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
+1 lemon

if anything i want gibson to come out with some new cool guitars
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I can't stand the "Don't change" philosophy.

keep your old models by all means, but I can't stand it when people moan about companies coming out with new models.

the robot came out, the major response was a cry of 'omg no not a new innovation', Then when gibson saw that people didn't want completely new stuff they thought they'd do limited edition models based on the classics with slight (sort of) changes.

now people are bitching about those. jesus christ, you're luddites of the guitar world.

I'm not
I agree in part. The problem is that the new models don't live up to expectations or aren't worthwhile additions.
After noticing the lack of a locking nut I hereby brand the Tribal V as one of those instruments. But things like the Holy V and Explorer are pretty cool. Lightweight and good looking, even if Gibson accidentally branded the effect of the lack of wood on the tone "interesting" rather than "thinnening." And the Longhorns. They were genuinely new guitars. I like Gibson's forward-looking attitude. The quality control seems to be improving too, which is good.
i apologize if its already been stated (seems obv to me) maybe theyr trying to cash on kerry kings popularity
Tribal

The art of native white-trash peoples with large trucks and bigger egos.

Bleh.

But other than taste issues, I like graphics on guitars and think this is a good move for gibson.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Last edited by DEADwin at Mar 13, 2009,
Looks better than the reverse explorer...the headstock on that thing looks retarded.
Quote by Rock Pig
Tribal V has a Kahler and a custom finish, lending it quite well to 80s metal players.
Holy Explorer was cooler than the Holy V IMO.
By a Les Paul V do you mean a fully bound V with a maple top with a 'burst and PAFs? Yes, that would be cool.
A Diablo Explorer would be pointless. The two main selling points of the Diablo (the carving and the control locations) are redundant on an Explorer as the shape doesn't lend itself to a carve and the controls are already in a convenient place.
There is already a shred Les Paul in the form of the Axcess.
Corvus reissue would be cool.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so specific but whatever.

Actually, I didnt mean a Les Paul V, although what your saying seems to make me sound smart Actually, I just forgot to put a comma between the Les Paul and V. I mean to say Les paul, V, or Explorer.It would be cool to see one of those with a (beveled?) curved top like the Diablo SG.
Gibson should make an all white explorer with a black or blue dragon stretching across the whole guitar! That would be pretty sweet.Also, give it 3 pickups, a Floyd Rose, 5 way switching, speed knobs, and a cool dragon inlay going up the whole neck.
Quote by toyboxmonster
...ugh...
This is exactly why I prefer Fender.

because you fear change?

awesome

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
because you fear change?

awesome

He fears the lack of quality control for Gibsons, the lack of a locking nut, and the lack of originality, since it was done by BC Rich before.
Quote by fishermanbob
He fears the lack of quality control for Gibsons, the lack of a locking nut, and the lack of originality, since it was done by BC Rich before.

which obviously only leaves fender as it's the only other manufacturer in the world...

ever.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
which obviously only leaves fender as it's the only other manufacturer in the world...

ever.

In which world do you live??
Quote by Lemoninfluence

ever.
Fender's Road Worn series > A guitar with a trem and no locking nut, which will probably end up like the shred X series, a disaster.
Quote by burnboy85
Gibson should make an all white explorer with a black or blue dragon stretching across the whole guitar! That would be pretty sweet.Also, give it 3 pickups, a Floyd Rose, 5 way switching, speed knobs, and a cool dragon inlay going up the whole neck.

And play along to dragonforce all day!
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
Quote by toyboxmonster

I think your sarcasm detector is broke...
Quote by Killedelphia19
I think your sarcasm detector is broke...

Didn't realise that was aimed at me.
I meant that betwen Fender & Gibson (the most well-known manufacturers, I believe), I'll take Fender...
Or, in general, I'll take the more vintage/jazzy/surfy-looking guitar over the pointy metal one.
Quote by toyboxmonster

apparently the one in which change is frowned upon and where people should only do the things they're known for and never try anything else.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
apparently the one in which change is frowned upon and where people should only do the things they're known for and never try anything else.

Are you kidding me? I would totally expect something like this from Gibson. They've been trying their best (and succeeding) in gaining the attention of testosterone-fuelled teenage rockers since the market was born.
This is totally what they're known for. If suddenly, they came out with a new solidbody that didn't sound lifeless and didn't look like it could double as a medieval weapon, then that would be change.
Page 1 of 2