I've heard its bad to let tube amps get cold because the tubes might crack or something like that. I'm moving tomorrow and my head will be out in my van overnight. I'm in New York, so its like 30F here. Is this bad?

I mean, what do touring bands do? They dont keep their stuff indoors all the time, right?

I have a feeling this is a really dumb question.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Nah it should be fine, just dont leave them in extreme temperatures for prolonged periods - That's only -1.1 degrees C which is roughly what us Brits get for 70% of the year.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The one thing you need to worry about is moisture. When the amp warms up condensation can form and cause arcing which could damage the amp. Make sure you give it a give it some time to warm up before turning it on so than any condensation inside will have evaporated.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
The one thing you need to worry about is moisture. When the amp warms up condensation can form and cause arcing which could damage the amp. Make sure you give it a give it some time to warm up before turning it on so than any condensation inside will have evaporated.

Kevin speaks the truth.

Cold won't affect it really...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
cold by itself shouldn't hurt it,

dont feel stupid for asking something like that, its your investment, you should be able to ask whatever you want.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson