Poll: How many alcohol units does it take you to get drunk?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many alcohol units does it take you to get drunk?
4-5
16 10%
5-6
20 12%
6-7
20 12%
7-8
21 13%
8+
90 54%
Voters: 167.
Page 1 of 3
i have no clue what an alcohol unit is, but in any case i can get a pretty good buzz off 4-5 shots if i down them quickly on an empty stomach.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Is that poll serious?

I usually drink a 35cl bottle of scotch before going out... so that's 14 units already. I'd say by that point I was nicely pished.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
well there's 1.8 units in one can of 440ml 4% lager... ya need atleast 8 of them to get anyway near drunk.. so...way more than 8.
Edit: and this is very objective, it depends one each and every individual.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at Mar 13, 2009,
Wtf is an alcohol unit? Are you human?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
about 7 or 8 shots of J.D to really get me going

chyea
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
the unit system is useless like you don't know how many drinks you can have before you can get busted for drink driving
Drunk? 8+

But i don't see the fun in being half comatose, running into things, saying embarassing things to girls i'm trying to chat up and puking all over the place. And when i'm drunk, those things get even worse.
Quote by alkalineweeman
well there's 1.8 units in one can of 440ml 4% lager... ya need atleast 8 of them to get anyway near drunk.. so...way more than 8.
Edit: and this is very objective, it depends one each and every individual.

hence the need for a poll....

but anyway... 10 shots of tequila sets me up well... or like.. 10-12 shots capn mo
IDK how to do units, but 6 or 7 pints of lager gets me going. I think I'm a lightweight :/
NOPE.
This thread made me realise I had about... 150 units at Leeds festival last year.

Good times I tell thee.

Quote by charvel_man
IDK how to do units, but 6 or 7 pints of lager gets me going. I think I'm a lightweight :/

na that's about right
well back in the summer i used to drink a 10 crate of fosters or strongbow, so that like what, 2/3 units a can? so thats a fair amount

and then id go onto the vodka
So apparently the term "alcohol unit" is not foreign to some of you. Would anybody care to enlighten me before I begin imbibing and no longer care?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
How come so many morons don't know what a unit is?

Edit: A unit is 10ml of pure alcohol. The amount in a drink depends on it's concentration and dilution etc. A pint of beer is about 2 units, a single shot is 1 unit and so on for different drinks.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
How come so many morons don't know what a unit is?

Edit: A unit is 10ml of pure alcohol. The amount in a drink depends on it's concentration and dilution etc. A pint of beer is about 2 units, a single shot is 1 unit and so on for different drinks.

Cause obviously it is some bullshit term created in the last 5 or so years to teach morons about the evils of drinking.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Cause obviously it is some bullshit term created in the last 5 or so years to teach morons about the evils of drinking.

No, it's common knowledge actually.

But apparently not commoner knowledge.
About 3 beers to feel it, and about 7-8 to actually be drunk.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by adyhendrixc
Hmm about 6 cans of stongbow, so that's like 14 units?

i thought strongbow was only 1.7 units. meh it tastes like piss anyway.

Erm its usually about 4-5 pints inbefore i feel anything so 10 units.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
define drunk
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
I don't really drink much anymore.

Even when I did go out regularly, it seems that I was nowhere near as hardcore as most of you studs.

Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
if my calculations are correct, 4 shots (1.5 US Fl Oz. each) of 80 proof whiskey is equal to a little more than 17 units. so yeah, 17 units for an ok buzz.

Quote by ClaptonWannabe
No, it's common knowledge actually.

maybe in the UK, bur since UK is the only places that uses it, you can't really say it's common knowledge. the standard drink in the US is 17.7 ml alcohol.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 13, 2009,
Dunno about units, but it took 2 vodka doubles, 1 vodka single, JD double and single, 3 shots of Aftershock and whatever my sister had left over in her glass...about 1/5th of JD if I remember correctly. And that didn't get me drunk-drunk, I didn't vomit or get a hangover or anything like that, just couldn't really walk straight.

Oh and I tried tequila at a Gojira gig on Wednesday. It was pretty good

edit, I'm by no means a drinker. I didn't start drinking properly until like a year ago so i'm pretty much a lightweight, but better a lightweight than an alcoholic
Last edited by maggot9779 at Mar 13, 2009,
I'm about a minute away from beer o'clock. I'll keep track for ya.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Around 2-3 pints of Stella (I have no wife, therefore it's safe to drink) to get me drunk depending on how I feel and how much I've eaten.

According to this alcohol unit calculator that's 6-9 units.

...Oh wait I mean I r so hxc it taeks 25 oonits before i EvEn feil a bit drunkz!
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by flabber.gast
Drunk? 8+

But i don't see the fun in being half comatose, running into things, saying embarassing things to girls i'm trying to chat up and puking all over the place. And when i'm drunk, those things get even worse.

If it's champagne, not a whole lot. I have a friend who's a real nerd about it though, he won't drink things just because of something like a low alcohol percentage.

Oh, and the only other place I've ever seen "alcohol units" is in Bridget Jones's Diary, TS.
How many units is a full cup of whiskey?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
I'm in the 6-7 boundary me thinks.. I am a lightweight.. but I class drunk as more than tipsy, but not completely off my face on the floor.. but maybe staggering slightly and pissing excessively..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Page 1 of 3