So I've been thinking of getting a Whammy pedal lately and I was wondering why people seem to be all crazy about the Whammy I and if the Whammy IV is still just as good. Also If I get lucky on ebay or wherever and find a Whammy I for the same price which one should I get?
Thanks!
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
You're not going to find a Whammy I for the same price. Maybe double the price if you're lucky.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by forsaknazrael
Personally, I'd rather have the EHX HOG...Better tracking and harmonies than the whammy. Saved settings, and an expression pedal.

This. Whammy I is way overrated especially compared to a HOG.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Wow...I don't think I can afford a HOG. But I have found Whammy IV's for as low as $110 rather rare but I've seen it I just wish I had the money for it than
My Gear:
Fender SSH Strat
VOXAD50VT
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss Me-20
Boss PH-3
Line 6 FM-4
Boss DD-7 (With FS-5u)
Boss RC-20XL
This thread could be re-titled to $500 U.S.D vs $150 U.S.D: which should I pay?
That's about the extent of it.
Spending $400+ on an original Whammy is absurd. It sounds slightly less digital and smoother, not exactly worth shelling out an extra $300+ for.
I just sold my whammy 1 on eBay For $620.00. I think the HOG is so much better.

To be honest though, whammy pedals are like fat girls they're fun for awhile! And in the end you get more space on your bed/pedalboard!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Whammy's are pretty overrated. I got one in a trade for a pedal I paid $100 CND flat for. I'd never pay more than that for one, the only thing I really use it for is bending ebow stuff.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
The answer is the Whammy II.

Seriously, I have one and I'd rather have that little black mofo than a I or IV.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales