Okay so my teacher gave me a copy of Cubase 4 because I need to mix a track that I was recording at school. The problem is when I open Cubase and I open the file, nothing plays back when i hit "Play". I checked the "Device Settings" and realized that I dont have anything under the VSTi section. This means that I don't have an ASIO driver. My question is, shouldnt I still get playback from the track without the driver? Another thing, I can't even export the file as a WAV. It just says "An error has a occured".

Is there any way that I can get around this or am I screwed and have to wait until I get an audio interface?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
If your VSTi folder is empty, there is noting for you to generate sound with, regarless of asio drivers.

Edit: you can get ASIO4ALL as a free ASIO driver, and you can get many free VSTi plugins here
Last edited by Echoplex at Mar 13, 2009,
Yeah I just found ASIO4ALL but Im reading that some people are having trouble with it working on Cubase SX2 and SX3. I suppose it wouldnt hurt to try and see if it works on Cubase 4 though
Quote by csn00b
Its working fine. Thanks for the help.
Quote by csn00b