My TC Electronics G-sharp crapped out on me 1 week after the warranty ended. Even just having it checked out by a tech would set me back 100 euros. Now I am without delays, without reverbs, without chorus all because one unit died.

Don't think there is really a point to this post...I'm just so ****ing pissed and needed to vent. Anyone else had similar experiences?
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
My TC Electronics G-sharp crapped out on me 1 week after the warranty ended. Even just having it checked out by a tech would set me back 100 euros. Now I am without delays, without reverbs, without chorus all because one unit died.

Don't think there is really a point to this post...I'm just so ****ing pissed and needed to vent. Anyone else had similar experiences?

Haven't had any experience with multi fx personally apart from hearing their dreadful digital fakeness a few too many times at gigs and shows. I am delighted to hear that you've been turned off them. Look on the bright side - at least now you've an excuse to get some nice analog gear.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by Mark G

That hasn't happened to me with any of my guitar gear so far. My Xbox 360 did get un-repairable red rings 3 days after warranty the ended though. That was a time when I played at least 2 hours a day on Xbox 360. Thankfully though my dad plays Xbox every once and a while so he bought a new one.
Quote by Clunis
My Xbox 360 did get un-repairable red rings 3 days after warranty the ended though.

Happened to me too. I call it the Ring Of Death! Microsoft used to fix it for free, I was lucky enough to get in before they got too many of them and stopped all that.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
^
Yeah I got my Xbox around Christmas. It broke a the next Christmas, along with a bunch of my friends who got it at the same time. Seems that they up the quantity around Christmas to make up for demand and lower the quality. Can't win 'em all I guess. My new one I got after Christmas and didn't break this year thankfully. I swear they make those damn Xbox Live microphones to break as well just so you have to buy a new one. It's a conspiracy!