Power jack is no longer working, i have to power it like this now:

does anyone know of a chorus that will sound identical to my japanese ce-2?
i was looking around a bit and it seems analogman and modtone might...
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by blandguitar
replace the power jack?

Erm,... That'll be hard to replace. Have you tried a ch-1 per chance? Not bad at all... It'll do anything from a soft flange a la purple rain to full on chorus wobble like Nirvana's come as you are. Try one out.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by gerardwayne
Erm,... That'll be hard to replace. Have you tried a ch-1 per chance? Not bad at all... It'll do anything from a soft flange a la purple rain to full on chorus wobble like Nirvana's come as you are. Try one out.

how is it hard to replace? like a 30 cent part, maybe another ten for a soldering iron and solder. i have a boss pedal, just unscrew a couple things and remove the knobs and you can just replace it. you dont even have to have pin point accuracy.
I just got this chorus pedal last month,and was very satisfied with the results. For a long time I had a Boss Chorus, and it also gave out. This was a good switch to the Homebrew Electronics.
HBE THC Chorus
Quote by blandguitar
how is it hard to replace? like a 30 cent part, maybe another ten for a soldering iron and solder. i have a boss pedal, just unscrew a couple things and remove the knobs and you can just replace it. you dont even have to have pin point accuracy.

Sorry man quoted the wrong comment. Meant that his actual pedal - if it's fooked - will be hard to replace. They don't make em anymore.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by gerardwayne
Sorry man quoted the wrong comment. Meant that his actual pedal - if it's fooked - will be hard to replace. They don't make em anymore.

oh, no worries dude.

but if its the pedal and its discontinued, then itd be hard to replace it. but replacing the jack would be easy, quick, and money saving.
they dont make those jacks no more either, they are bigger then the ones boss use nowdays, ive already tried to find parts, cant find em
Gear:
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
they dont make those jacks no more either, they are bigger then the ones boss use nowdays, ive already tried to find parts, cant find em

just find a jack with the right voltage, outputs and all. should be one the bottom of your pedal. my boss pedals have them on a silver sticker with black lettering.
Quote by blandguitar
just find a jack with the right voltage, outputs and all. should be one the bottom of your pedal. my boss pedals have them on a silver sticker with black lettering.

trust me i cant get one the same as the original that fits, i tried and my sticker is not silver lol, this pedal is from 1983 its japanese made and uses alot of parts that you cannot get anymore, sure i could get one that works but it will not fit in the right spot on my pedal, i would have to modify it somehow to fit
Gear:
or buy a vintage boss pedal and use the jack lol
Gear:
i dunno well see what i can figure out lol
Gear:
How about a Japanese CE-2? I've heard they come pretty close.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
my ce-2 is japanese...and nothing sounds as good, the taiwanese ones suck
Gear:
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
my ce-2 is japanese...and nothing sounds as good, the taiwanese ones suck

Are you high? I said "how about another JAPANESE CE-2". I never said anything about MIT.

I'm sorry to tell you, but MIJ Boss pedals aren't that hard to come by. You could easily pick up another MIJ CE-2 at any given point in time online.

edit: And lots of stuff sounds better than an MIJ CE-2.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

i live in canada and i cant find any online, i tried..well i cant find any cheap enough anyway lol, and most of the ones on ebay wont ship to canada.
and this is what you said:"How about a Japanese CE-2? I've heard they come pretty close."
and to me nothing sounds better then my mij ce-2
Gear:
Yeah, I was being satirical. "A Japanese CE-2 sounds pretty close to a Japanese CE-2".

I live in Ottawa. There's like 10 on ebay, and a few at TGP Emporium, probably a couple at HC as well.

Have you ever played a Fulltone Choralflange? Or a Boss CE-1?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

yep i have tried both, still liek my mij ce-2 better
and i checked ebay, im not paying over 200 for a ce-2 when i can buy a modtone or ce-5, i was just hoping you guys knew of something that woudl get me ce-2 tone for less money basically
Gear:
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
yep i have tried both, still liek my mij ce-2 better
and i checked ebay, im not paying over 200 for a ce-2 when i can buy a modtone or ce-5, i was just hoping you guys knew of something that woudl get me ce-2 tone for less money basically

What? How?
Um, there's a CE-2 for $130 Free Shipping on ebay, it's actually the first one. Why don't you sell your broken CE-2 and save up $50 to buy it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
Um, there's a CE-2 for $130 Free Shipping on ebay, it's actually the first one. Why don't you sell your broken CE-2 and save up $50 to buy it?

that one wont ship to canada
Gear:
If you email the sender and offer to pay the shipping, I'm sure he won't mind. Stop being lazy!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

i did
Gear:
If you like it, try to find one used for cheaper? Also, it looks to me like your OVERDRIVE IS CRUSHING!!!!!

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
If you like it, try to find one used for cheaper? Also, it looks to me like your OVERDRIVE IS CRUSHING!!!!!

yeah it is crushing lol, i should have my kirk hammett cryaby next week too .
Gear:
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
yeah it is crushing lol, i should have my kirk hammett cryaby next week too .

idk bout the kirk hammett, but the crybaby from hell is sweet. its the dime model, id recommend it to anyone and everyone.