MANDATORY
24 frets

Normal size humbuckers (i don't know specific sizing, but I want to put dimarzio PAF joe in the neck, and evolution in the bridge)

Floyd Rose or Licensed Floyd Rose trem w/locking nut that's not a major pain in the ass

somewhat thin neck (thinner then an Ibanez JS but a hair thicker then a JEM)

Rosewood or ebony fretboard

Deep, deep cutaway (EASY access to the 18th+fret)

Satin finished neck (or easily "glideable")

WOULD BE VERY NICE
Three pickup slots, (neck-humbucker mid-single coil bridge-humbucker)
OR
coil tap w/ two humbuckers
Under 2 grand

Smooth neck

DOESN'T MATTER
Color
Neck wood
Body wood

I don't care about the brand and I want to have building or having a custom guitar made kept as a LAST resort

THANKS!!!!!!
Ibanez E-GEN18? The Herman Li model?
24 frets, very deep cutaway, HSH pickups ("normal size"), Edge Zero bridge (basically a FR...)
, coil tap too I think, and cost depends totally on where you live and where you intend to get it from, it should be somewhat around the 2k tho....
The neck I dunno, it's probably rather thin...

Link: Ibanez EGEN18
Last edited by Lewadra at Mar 13, 2009,
check out some schecter hellraisers, they have coil tap with emgs, not sure about the wood tho, but you might like
before i saw the H-S-H part, i was going to suggest almost all of ESP's M or horizon series guitars, but with an H-S-H, that's gonna be difficult. i think short of getting a custom, you're only options are ibanez or something used you can find on ebay. i think ibanezes are the only ones who offer H-S-H on some guitars that aren't custom made.
Ibanez EGEN
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Herman-Li-EGEN18-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=500160

Jackson SL1 (you will need to buy a hot rails or something for the neck PU)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL1-USA-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=511466

also, yo could get an ESP M, any ibanez RG, any Washburn HM, Music MAn JP, and have the coil tap installed by some dude, (no more than 50 dollars) and you have to do less searching, and more playing and trying different guitars.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Mar 13, 2009,
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
The most versatile guitar you will ever play. I'm buying one in a few weeks for my birthday.USA Jackson SL1 Soloist
They also have the same model, but with 2 humbuckers instead. You can get a tech dude to coil tap them both, probably less than $100.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke