Ok so I've been playing guitar for 5 months, getting lessons for a half an hour, once a week. I'm wondering if I should think about upgrading any part of my rig, but my teacher insists that I'll be fine with what I'm currently using for YEARS. Here's my current rig:

Fender Squire Bullet Special (20th anniversary) (The single humbucker version)
Roland Cube-15 (18W) Amp
Digitech RP70 Multi Effect Pedal

Here's some pictures of them.

I generally play metal and hard rock, and am looking at a schecter damien 6 as a good upgrade. What do you think?
The amp and pedal are good, if you're not going to be gigging with them
And as for the guitar, I find that whenever I get a new guitar it just MOTIVATES me, it doesn't really change much, do you think you need a new guitar? Is there anything you can't play with that one? Any limitations?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Are those guitar hero stickers?

You'll be fine. Id be fine with that for a few years actually, and when your good enough for better equipment you'll know. Besides, you got some decent stuff already, atleast it isn't a walmart pack.
A new amp would probably make the biggest difference to your sound, but honestly for the moment you probably don't really need it, as long as you're still just jamming in your bedroom what you have should be fine. Probably not a bad idea to start a gear fund though, that way if you end up playing in a band or something where you need bigger, better gear you've got some cash ready to go.
Well the guitar only has a single humbucker and 21 frets - also only 1 volume knob and no tone knobs.

The stickers were on it when I bought it, ended up scratching the paint trying to get a couple of them off.
Smash the RP-70 to bits. Or sell it to buy another pedal. Judging by your avatar, a single stomp-box distortion may be more appropriate (and will sound SO much better).

Awesome guitar, btw. I've always been drawn to guitars with just one pickups. I'm not sure why.
Quote by Waylanderau
A new amp would probably make the biggest difference to your sound, but honestly for the moment you probably don't really need it, as long as you're still just jamming in your bedroom what you have should be fine. Probably not a bad idea to start a gear fund though, that way if you end up playing in a band or something where you need bigger, better gear you've got some cash ready to go.

You've got a fine little rig, there. Until you get better or get a sweet job, don't be in a rush to upgrade. Once you do that, you're on an endless journey of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) that will alienate your family, your girlfriends, co-workers, etc.
Quote by Z Spin
I don't like the look of a Les Paul. Also the pedal was a gift

I've sold lots of gifts.
Try it. It's fun.
The gear you've got now should do you fine for practising before you think about getting new gear you want to consider what your getting and why....especially when it comes to amps. If your planning on forming or becoming part of a band you want to be looking at a slightly more powerful amp such as something over 50W and depending on what your playing what effects youd need. If your sticking to practising for the moment...save up your money that way youl be able to afford better equipment.

I bought a AD100VT (100W) vox amp as I was planning on forming a band with a frined but that failed so now I have a pointlessley loud amp. Altho its a good amp and I still plan on being in a band...it proves a point!