hey well I'll start off by saying muse are awesome they're my fave band and the bulk of what I play is muse.
This brings me to my first question for you all which is what guitar would you recommend that would give me the best matthew bellamy sound overall?.

I've been looking into the few and so far I've looked into an ESP with a Floyd Rose trem bridge and a selection of Telecasters or more recently a new version of a peavey predator but I wondered if you guys could help me out. I know matt uses fuzz factory in his guitars but ive been compensating for that with effects pedals.

My next question is if anyone could give me any tips on what to do to expand my playing as at the moment I've hit a dead end and I'm not trying out many new songs although I know I could attempt a few solo's but I'm still pretty lame at them!

any help, recommendations or advice you could give would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Thanks and hope I didn't make it too complicated
Erm, that's a tough one.
Matt plays £3000 Manson custom guitars with £200 Bare Knuckle Pickups through £5000 Diezel amps. You won't be able to approximate the tone very easily.
As far as the Bellamy sound goes, I play in a Muse tribute band and the guitarist uses a Gibson SG mainly. The Fuzz Factory and Boss Metal Zone are both important for him getting the sound from his guitar, obviously it's not entirely the same setup as Bellamy. I can get exact details next time I see him if you want.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I believe that most of matt bellamys sounds are sort of computerised now. effects wise, he uses a fuzz factory, but most of his distortion comes from a big muff. Also a whammy in invincible newborn and a couple of others i think. Matt used a variety of guitars before his mattocasters, so if your looking for anyting pre absolution tone wise, its more achieveable. he used like double cut les pauls, SG's, a gretsch hollowbody.

http://musewiki.org/Guitars

check that out, and the rest of the site.
I'd be really interested to hear what your man does with the FF and the metal zone... as I have both of those :P
Quote by TJ1991
As far as the Bellamy sound goes, I play in a Muse tribute band and the guitarist uses a Gibson SG mainly. The Fuzz Factory and Boss Metal Zone are both important for him getting the sound from his guitar, obviously it's not entirely the same setup as Bellamy. I can get exact details next time I see him if you want.

That'd be great if you could actually, thanks and the setup I've got is a tanglewood SG and vox AD100VT amp. was recommended by my local shop to go for something like a telecaster or an ESP or something but I'm just looking to see what else there is. One thing I didnt think of when I bought my pedals is buying Line 6 instead as Matt uses loads of Line 6 pedals or last time I looked he did.
Well, a huge part of his sound comes from a P-90s with which most of his guitars are equipped. I'd recommend getting a Squier Telecaster CUstom II, to be honest. It's affordable, plays well, and has the P-90 sound. Alternatively, if your current guitar has humbuckers, you can swap them out for Duncan Phat Cats... but the Tele would cost you less.
Quote by toyboxmonster
Well, a huge part of his sound comes from a P-90s with which most of his guitars are equipped. I'd recommend getting a Squier Telecaster CUstom II, to be honest. It's affordable, plays well, and has the P-90 sound. Alternatively, if your current guitar has humbuckers, you can swap them out for Duncan Phat Cats... but the Tele would cost you less.

hmmmm doesn't sound like to bad an idea and to be honest it wouldn't be worth puttin a set of duncan's in the guitar I've got anyway I only payed £140 for it and its good for some older sounds but I think I'll have to price up some p90s and start saving...thanks!
Right, so my guitarist uses either the Fuzz or Metal Zone, never both at the same time. But then if you want to use both at the same time you can, for those mega-high distortion songs, and the gate on the Fuzz stops most of the feedback. I think with the Fuzz it's a case of just turning it on, it's all Bellamy-ish. The Metal Zone settings: Treble 3 o'clock, Bass between 2 and 3 o'clock, Mids around 9 o'clock, Distortion 4 o'clock. He also uses a Marshall JVM205C with roughly the same settings. I hope that's of some help.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by TJ1991
Right, so my guitarist uses either the Fuzz or Metal Zone, never both at the same time. But then if you want to use both at the same time you can, for those mega-high distortion songs, and the gate on the Fuzz stops most of the feedback. I think with the Fuzz it's a case of just turning it on, it's all Bellamy-ish. The Metal Zone settings: Treble 3 o'clock, Bass between 2 and 3 o'clock, Mids around 9 o'clock, Distortion 4 o'clock. He also uses a Marshall JVM205C with roughly the same settings. I hope that's of some help.

thanks it gives me an idea of effects I can get when I can afford it although I wont be investing in a new amp for a while but thanks for the help!