Hey everyone, I am seriously thinking about getting this amp within the next few weeks/months.

I have heard they have been revised recently and all the small reliability issues have been sorted. I am interested in this amp for metal and hard rock. I am also wanting to get the matching Bugera cabinet.

Is this a good metal amp?? what do you think??

Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
great amp, and cabinet, you most certainly WILL NOT regret it
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Found this comment posted on a gear review website....maybe worth at least calling Brugera up and asking if this particular situation has been addressed in the 2009 lineup.

Reliability : 3

I work at a small music store. We sell guitars, amps, pa and gear and also handle repairs on these sorts of things. A customer brought in a 2008 Bugera 6262 head that he complained about the power tubes not firing and no output. Our amp tech went through the entire amp and found a number of small time-saver constructions issues. The main one, and the cause of the amp failing as he explained to me, was that the transformer cable was connected to the tube section with a clip. It was not soldered. The clip is not capable of reliably handling the 5 amp current and will eventually smoke itself and fail on you. It's just a design flaw that's easily fixed, but keep this in mind when you gig without a back up. Have a good amp tech look it over and hand-solder that connection. It should be just as reliable as any other tube amp from then on. Bugera may have fixed this with more recent amps, but I have no way of knowing that.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Quote by Dazzl1113
Found this comment posted on a gear review website....maybe worth at least calling Brugera up and asking if this particular situation has been addressed in the 2009 lineup.

Reliability : 3

I work at a small music store. We sell guitars, amps, pa and gear and also handle repairs on these sorts of things. A customer brought in a 2008 Bugera 6262 head that he complained about the power tubes not firing and no output. Our amp tech went through the entire amp and found a number of small time-saver constructions issues. The main one, and the cause of the amp failing as he explained to me, was that the transformer cable was connected to the tube section with a clip. It was not soldered. The clip is not capable of reliably handling the 5 amp current and will eventually smoke itself and fail on you. It's just a design flaw that's easily fixed, but keep this in mind when you gig without a back up. Have a good amp tech look it over and hand-solder that connection. It should be just as reliable as any other tube amp from then on. Bugera may have fixed this with more recent amps, but I have no way of knowing that.

I remember reading that somewhere, i am going to email bugera to make sure thow
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Im not a guitarist, but tthe bass amps seem to be a huge rip off of ampegs svt 3,4 pros. So can someone say there good bugera i mena, cause there a good price and power, but the whole behringer thing ehh, a bit offputting.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The clip that has already been mentioned is the main problem with these. My buddy has a 6262 that had the same problem recently...an easy fix for an amp tech. Best advice...have it done when you first get it to keep it from happening all together (as well as having other connections, ground clips, etc. checked). If you can't tell by my GAS list in my sig...the amp sounds amazing
Bump

Also, any thoughts on the bugera cabinet?
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
i have the bugera cabinet and i think it sounds GREAT with the stock speakers.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
I would recommend a B-52 AT series amp over a Bugera. Less reliability issues, and (IMO) better tone.

Or a used 5150/6505+ if you don't need the cleans- after all, the 6262 was based on that series.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I would recommend a B-52 AT series amp over a Bugera. Less reliability issues, and (IMO) better tone.

Or a used 5150/6505+ if you don't need the cleans- after all, the 6262 was based on that series.

I definately hear what your saying man. Thing is, im a massive zakk wylde fan, so cleans are a must. And apparently bugera got all the faults ironed out on this model
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by madh4ttr
great amp, and cabinet, you most certainly WILL NOT regret it

That's a pretty bold statement considering the Bugera Militia is a glorified troubleshooting thread. To TS..... It's a roll of the dice, if you can't go used then good luck. For the record I owned a 6262.....
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
That's a pretty bold statement considering the Bugera Militia is a glorified troubleshooting thread. To TS..... It's a roll of the dice, if you can't go used then good luck. For the record I owned a 6262.....

sure is as I have no probs
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
I would still rec the B-52 or Randall RG50TC over the Bugera. Both have good cleans. B-52's are almost Fender-esque, the Randall's are a bit more Marshally so they do break up a bit, but I've heard if you replace the EL34s with 6L6s or similar they clean up nicely.

And both have more than enough gain for anything you'll ever need. I would probably suggest the Randall over the B-52 if you're into Zakk Wylde, but either way they're better than the Bugera.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales