Page 1 of 4
Please use this thread to discuss manga, make recommendations for manga to others, and talk to people with a common interest.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Mar 29, 2009,
MAHOU SENSEI ****ING NEGIMA FTW

Okay theres the best manga in the world mentioned and out of the way.
I'll Reccomend Sundome to everyone, seeing as we're all perverted fap addicts here.
Very NSFW, but the funniest damn thing i've ever seen too.
I'm pretty new to manga. I'm really interested in Junji Ito's work though. Uzumaki being my favourite.

Just recently I read Jisatsu Circle which is inspired by the movie Suicide Club. Strongly recommend.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
MAHOU SENSEI ****ING NEGIMA FTW

Okay theres the best manga in the world mentioned and out of the way.
I'll Reccomend Sundome to everyone, seeing as we're all perverted fap addicts here.
Very NSFW, but the funniest damn thing i've ever seen too.

That Manga owns!, I've seen the anime and read the manga. The manga is much better.
Quote by SnooBag101
wow, a thread was just made on this same topic minutes ago. FAIL.

NO FAIL!!!, Because I made it and I realised there aklready was a anime thread so I changed it to manga.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Yeah, the anime sucks tbh, the new anime series is awesome though.. But the spin off manga that series is based on sucks.

I agree, also I've tried watching it on a few sights and it was blurry as hell, and the dubbed version was ok but Negimas voice irritated me.
It grew on me Even when i read the manga i've got his dub voice goin' through my head. It's not bad imo, just unexpected, takes a bit of getting used to

Gotta point out Black God though, i've only read 1 volume so far but it is showing great promise, it's a bit different to the usual affair, since it's done by Koreans.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
It grew on me Even when i read the manga i've got his dub voice goin' through my head. It's not bad imo, just unexpected, takes a bit of getting used to

Gotta point out Black God though, i've only read 1 volume so far but it is showing great promise, it's a bit different to the usual affair, since it's done by Koreans.

True on the voice.

I don't think I've read that. I do know they do make some good manga though. I think Koreans did Love Hina.
HunterXHunter is awesome! one of the best manga ever, it's a shame that the author is always sick *coughlazybastardcough*
Quote by CoreysMonster
HunterXHunter is awesome! one of the best manga ever, it's a shame that the author is always sick *coughlazybastardcough*

290 chapters?!?!
Quote by imdeth
290 chapters?!?!

since about 1997?? that's nothing!

he's been on 4 hiatus' since 2007, and he's been on hiatus since november or something.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
I liked HunterXHunter. I seemed thouh alot left you hanging though.

the questions will be answered, they've just got to!
Has anyone read Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, it was recently released from the anime version. I like it alot.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
But.. a graphic novel is essentially the same thing as a manga.

I mean illustrated in a tradition manga style with the usual Japanese way of expressing things. Like the sweat drops and that.
The Ghost in the Shell manga is very good. Quite different in treatment from the anime and movies but still very good.
Quote by imdeth
I'm pretty new to manga. I'm really interested in Junji Ito's work though. Uzumaki being my favourite.

Just recently I read Jisatsu Circle which is inspired by the movie Suicide Club. Strongly recommend.

Give Bokurano a shot, not quite the same style as Junji, but got a similar dark feeling to it.
I read the Welcome to the NHK manga because I wasn't satisfied with the ending of the anime. It was alright but now I also want to read the original novel to see what that's like.

I've also read Genshiken which was really good
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Garret.
I read the Welcome to the NHK manga because I wasn't satisfied with the ending of the anime. It was alright but now I also want to read the original novel to see what that's like.

I've also read Genshiken which was really good

Genshiken was awesome!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
But isn't Gintama comedy.. that's at the entire other side of the spectrum

Hey, I love Gintama so much Id reccommend it to my Grandmother. lol
Page 1 of 4