Hey all. So i have just finshed learning the intro to ALASKA , Between the buried and me. now it doesnt sound 100% clean however i knwo im on the right track. Anyways, im playing on my amp and while im sweeping my amp lets out this ocean"ee" ( not a word, i know..) sound.. its really quite obnoxious.. Ive messed around with the ground swithc on the back... still nothing.. it is really annoying because i knwo my sweeping would sound better if it was for the stupid hissing sound in the background... i do run an ISP decimator so its not feedback.. i dont think.... HELP!!

P.s. I go on my practise amp.. a little ****TY spider III... and it dounds fine. I hope i don't have internal amp problems...

Thank You.
Gear:
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 BLK w/ EMG 81/60
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
I'm not sure what you mean. Is there anyway you could create a sound clip of some sort? I'm thinking it might be the cable, or something happened to the wiring inside the amp. Try removing all effects off your chain, then play it through your Spider. Also try playing your ESP with the same cable into your Peavey and see if you get the same sound.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Mar 13, 2009,
tried it.. i replaced all cables... didnt change anything.. took out individual pedals.. nothing... well, taking out my 808 made it sound awfull....
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
i might be able to get one... my buddy has recording software on his comp...
Gear:
Peavey 6505+ head
Orange PPC412 cab
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner,
Maxon Od-808
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby WAH
Art&Lutherie Acoustic
It's hard to figure out what you are describing, but where is the gain on the amp? If it's high enough, it could pick up radio or certain other electrical signals via the cable (kind of doubt this) or guitar pickups (more likely). I would be interested in a clip too just because it almost sounds like some odd harmonic overtone from the guitar... try a hair scrunchie behind the nut and see if it goes away. It's mainly an issue from Trem/FR guitars whenever I've run into it, but who knows.