I'm trying to determine if there is a problem with my amp. It is my first experience with a tube amp so I'm not sure if there is a problem. Typically how bright should the tubes get when on? I've heard some people say not bright at all and some say as bright as a light bulb. Mine are not bright at all, just a little orange at the bottom with some blue. If they are supposed to be bright, how can I fix them. Thanks
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ
There's not really such thing as not bright enough or too bright (in most cases) it varies from tube set to tube set and from amp to amp. You're fine.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by MegaD
I'm trying to determine if there is a problem with my amp. It is my first experience with a tube amp so I'm not sure if there is a problem. Typically how bright should the tubes get when on? I've heard some people say not bright at all and some say as bright as a light bulb. Mine are not bright at all, just a little orange at the bottom with some blue. If they are supposed to be bright, how can I fix them. Thanks

Nope, you're fine. As long as there is a bit of orange glow on the filaments (furthest internal structure), you're good.

If the big grey structure starts glowing red, TURN IT OFF NOW.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by dfinch10
How loud do you have it

won't make a difference unless his bias is totally screwed up.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
I've varied the volume and the EQ trying to get the sound that I want and haven't got it yet. The master volume is at about 3/4 and the level is about 1/4. There are 3 smaller tubes next to the two big ones. The small one in the middle has no light on at all.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ