Poll: well
Poll Options
View poll results: well
TS is too cynical, material things are kinda important, too
17 12%
TS is right, material things are really unimportant if you look at the big picture
62 45%
a little bit of both
60 43%
Voters: 139.
Page 1 of 2
"oh noes, I only have a cellphone with 8 megapixel!"
"oh noes, my car is only a whatever"
"oh noes, my computer is this and that"

Sorry, I hate to rant, but this is really pissing me off.
I have been through alot ever since I have left school, I was homeless for a couple of days, had an alcohol problem and depression, but I'm not complaining about that.
What I'm complaining about is 99% of my friends, who are either living at uni or at their parents' and have never been completely alone, have never had to worry about having a roof over their head or food on their table, and they're whining about the most ridiculous things. I have become slightly cynical in the past months, and have told many of my friends that they're pretty foolish to worry so much about things like their cellphones, cars, or whatever, and that they already have the most important things they need, which, IMO, are shelter, food and love.

am I just a cynical bastard?
you cynical bastard
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
yes.
Quote by texasthrasher
Cover your ears(or they WILL be raped) that is ****ing great

I survived weeding out 09'
"Oh noes, ppl r whining!"

So what if your friends bitch about that stuff? It's obviously important to them and it's rude of you to trivialise their problems by comparing them to yours.

You wouldn't like it if you were complaining about having been homeless and someone turned around and said, "Your problems don't matter because there are people being tortured in China".
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Mar 13, 2009,
+1
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

In the words of Ahnuld

STAHP YOUR WHINING!
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i completely agree with you, i cant stand people that complain about their stuff, when i wish my parents would pay for a cellphone bill, or get me a junk car to start off with, kids are too spoiled these days.
i had an easter egg for my 16th birthday
can i whine too? I feel i have a legit reason.
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
oh noes, whiners annoy me
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER

I had to go to my great-grandads funeral on my 17th.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
well, they've never had the problems that you've had, so their problems seem bigger to them.
but you, you seem like you've been through a lot, so you don't really care about material things and stuff.
it's just life experience.
but overall, your right. food, shelter, and love are much more important than material things.
although i can't really talk, seeing as i'm 15 and i live with my parents. =\
~Carl
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER

Oh, happy birthday!

What kind of easter egg?
XIAOXI
I kinda know what your on about man,
some of my friends piss me off,
they moan about really pathetic stuff,
most of em are just spoiled tho

Whiners, STFU!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Whining about whining. Oh, the irony.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by isildurs_bane
Whining about whining. Oh, the irony.

it's not irony, it's conicidental!

*cheers to who gets the reference*
Too many materialistic people nowadays.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Powerhouse
Everything's gonna be alright.

*gives CoreysMonster a cookie*

Interestingly enough, I always read TS's username as "CookieMonster."
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
No, i have to deal with this crap everyday. My, well i guess you can call them friends, complain about how they don't have a good enough phone when they already have like a $300 phone, and i'm sitting here with my $25 Slider, and i'm perfectly content with it. They complain about having to work so many hours a week, i mean you're lucky enough to even HAVE a job right now. I got laid off at Chick-Fil-A and you sit here and complain about only making $7 a hour. And their relationship shit....ARGH! "Oh muh gawd...he said he didn't love me today, and talked about how we should move on. I mean i thought we were going to get married! Now i'm on three different kinds of pills for depression because now i can't sleep, and i know he was cheating on me but i still love him." God bitch, SHUT UP! You're fucking 16, you're pretty much the school slut, you grope just about every guy you can find, you go through 20 different boyfriend a month, and you sit her and complain about not having a healthy relationship? Get your head out of your egotistical ass, and get over yourself!

I feel much better now....
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by CTFOD
I had to go to my great-grandads funeral on my 17th.

My grandfather passed away on the morning of my 14th.

I, too, have had problems with depression and suicidal thoughts. I've largely gotten over them but sometimes I still get really depressed, so I know how you feel. I also hate it when someone whines about such trivial things like "waugh the characters in this anime are dying" and stuff.

So maybe I'm the only one here who sympathizes, but you've got my support, dude.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Whiners, STFU!

You're out of your fucking element.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
Quote by angusfan16
No, i have to deal with this crap everyday. My, well i guess you can call them friends, complain about how they don't have a good enough phone when they already have like a $300 phone, and i'm sitting here with my $25 Slider, and i'm perfectly content with it. They complain about having to work so many hours a week, i mean you're lucky enough to even HAVE a job right now. I got laid off at Chick-Fil-A and you sit here and complain about only making $7 a hour. And their relationship shit....ARGH! "Oh muh gawd...he said he didn't love me today, and talked about how we should move on. I mean i thought we were going to get married! Now i'm on three different kinds of pills for depression because now i can't sleep, and i know he was cheating on me but i still love him." God bitch, SHUT UP! You're fucking 16, you're pretty much the school slut, you grope just about every guy you can find, you go through 20 different boyfriend a month, and you sit her and complain about not having a healthy relationship? Get your head out of your egotistical ass, and get over yourself!

A-fucking-men.
Quote by angusfan16

holy crap, angusfan, I really DO like you!

this is exactly what I mean. people don't realise how awesome they have it.
Quote by angusfan16

I also concur with this. People like that make me raaaaaaaaaage
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Yeah, i agree with Coreysmonster, and Anusfan (had to type it like that, sorry!)

Its sad to see the kinda crap people are so bothered about nowadays, like mobile phones, and music players and games consoles etc. At least they actually have them, so shut up whining!

I feel so old saying that when i'm only 15
I'm just going to say, 'Yes'
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by perry589
^ A's homosexual?

Relevant: It doesn't bother me when people whine about that kind of stuff. You know, "Oh, my cameraphone's resolution is shitty," or, "Dammit, I have to refill my windsheild wiper fluid," because I know that they know it's really not that big of a deal. Everybody complains about trivial things, even thought they're only minor annoyances.
Now, if someone was truly upset because they couldn't get a higher quality picture of that beer can pyramid they made, that would piss me off.
Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by Bubbles516
Its super effective!
its all about a persons standard of living.....if theirs is higher than yours you cant really blame them for getting used to these nice things they are around
Quote by CoreysMonster
holy crap, angusfan, I really DO like you!

this is exactly what I mean. people don't realise how awesome they have it.

I do believe that you are the first person in a long time to call me Angusfan. Thank you.

And yeah, it's real sickening how people can have everything in the world, and still be an enormous egomaniac.
Sail upon the open skies
Page 1 of 2