I want to make a note that I use low tunings w/ 11 gauge strings. (C standard and sometimes lower...)

I'm thinking about replacing the neck pup of my Gibson lp vm. I'm trying to find a relatively low output pup with very good bass response. I find I'm lacking the clarity (especially in the lower, bassier strings) I need in my stock BB pros (although my amp may partially be to blame for this). They pups just seem to be very muddy and mellow even as the highest possible treble settings.

I'm looking into humbucker-sized P90' s and I'm checking out seymour duncan but I figured that somebody out there might know of something that would take me a while to find.
I've even thought Of maybe trying a bass guitar pup for my guitar but I don't want to route my guitar for something I'm not sure I'll like and I doubt bass pups would allow my upper-range strings to be picked up well. I don't think the bass pups would give me enough clarity either.
Originally Posted by SlinkyBlue:
You're right! The shamwow guy DOES look like poop
Quote by randomhero93
what amp do you have currently?

A Roland Micro Cube. Yes, I know this is probably a majority of my problem. I'm thinking about buying an Ampeg V4 or a Fender Bassman...
Originally Posted by SlinkyBlue:
You're right! The shamwow guy DOES look like poop
check out DiMarzio PAF Classic and Air Classic, both have pretty good bass response for a more vintage output
or look at the Air zone, Breed, AT-1 and evolution which are a little stronger but still not high output
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by nodistribution
A Roland Micro Cube. Yes, I know this is probably a majority of my problem. I'm thinking about buying an Ampeg V4 or a Fender Bassman...

yeah, you're definately gonna need a new amp first

EDIT: dis regard the rest of the paragraph that was there. I was confused on which thread i was in...
Last edited by randomhero93 at Mar 13, 2009,