Im thinking about trading in my Fender Highway 1 Strat and my cheap Jackson guitars to get a new guitar at Guitar Center. I play a lot of harder rock and metal (modern metal like Killswitch and Bullet for My Valentine) and i was thinking a Schecter or ESP somethin like that but not sure. My price range depends on how much i can get for my used guitars that im trading in (most likely $300-450).... any suggestions?

Vox AD50VT Amp and a Line 6 Distortion Stompbox
Last edited by th5885 at Mar 13, 2009,
definately look at Schecter and ESP. but also look Ibanez. but whats your current amp right now? because amps are more important than guitar.
Quote by randomhero93
because amps are more important than guitar.

Not true. Are you saying I should have kept my **** Starter guitar and gotten a 500 dollar amp? NO.

Anyways, TS, I have an ESP. I love it. It's great for hard rock and metal. I definitely recommend the MH series. (I have the MH-250)
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
Quote by awesomeness
Not true. Are you saying I should have kept my **** Starter guitar and gotten a 500 dollar amp? NO.

Anyways, TS, I have an ESP. I love it. It's great for hard rock and metal. I definitely recommend the MH series. (I have the MH-250)

no, i'm not saying that but it would definately help the tone out a lot more than if you had a $1000 dollar amp running through a Line 6 Spider
Do u know anything about trading in Guitars? like how much i could get for my Fender and Jackson?
Quote by th5885
Do u know anything about trading in Guitars? like how much i could get for my Fender and Jackson?

if we knew what models, the years and the conditions they're in, possibly.

EDIT: but you should still tell us what amp you have so we can tell you if you really need a new guitar or not.
No guitar that is available for 400$ will be as good as that highway one strat. I suggest you just get a single sized humbucker for the bridge position of the guitar (if it is a SSS Strat, that is) and then save your money until you can afford a new amp. Those Voxes are nice, but there are better amps for metal.

Getting a new guitar around 400$ would basically mean downgrading, which I'm pretty sure you'll regret in the end.

EDIT: You could try trading that Fender for an Ltd 400 or 500 series guitar though.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 13, 2009,
They re both in good condition the Jackson is just a cheap beginner and then the Fender is a Highway One Strat in good condition

My amp is a VoxAD50VT
Last edited by th5885 at Mar 13, 2009,
Quote by th5885
They re both in good condition the Jackson is just a cheap beginner and then the Fender is a Highway One Strat in good condition

i will say this one last time. what amp do you have now?
Quote by TheQuailman
No guitar that is available for 400$ will be as good as that highway one strat. I suggest you just get a single sized humbucker for the bridge position of the guitar (if it is a SSS Strat, that is) and then save your money until you can afford a new amp. Those Voxes are nice, but there are better amps for metal.

Getting a new guitar around 400$ would basically mean downgrading, which I'm pretty sure you'll regret in the end.

EDIT: You could try trading that Fender for an Ltd 400 or 500 series guitar though.

Yea i wasnt sure how much i could get for it but i wanna get something better for metal than my fender and not spend a lot of money
Quote by th5885
I edited in the original its a VoxAD50VT

oh, ok, well, you're good on amp for now... sorry, i didn't look in the original post. umm, yeah, how about you just swap the pickups in your jackson or Fender?
Quote by th5885
Yea i wasnt sure how much i could get for it but i wanna get something better for metal than my fender and not spend a lot of money

Don't trade in GC will give you bad value, I reccomend selling on craigslist or something you would get alot more for your money.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Playing a guitar with EMGs through a solid state combo is pretty pointless to be honest. Doesn't really sound right.
EDIT: Opsie, he edited his post. I didn't say anything then.

I stand by what I said. Either trade the Fender for a used Ltd (one with passives preferably) or a Schecter.
Or just sell the jackson and get a humbucker for the Strat.