this is a song i'm writing. it's about my past (however short it may be) and how most things around me remind me of the parts i'm not particularly proud of.

verse

I face the sun
With weary eyes
And nothing left to be gained

I face the sun
With my back
To the shades of my past

I face the sun
And come out fighting
With everything i have, i escape my fate again

chorus

Cut it close
Oh, so close
A tragedy
Barely escaped with my life

What am i?
Where am i going?
Is this life
Everything i want it to be?

verse

I fight the sun
Which tries so hard
To light up the dark of my mind

I fight the sun
Which only wants me
To relive my antagonists

I fight the sun
To continue existence
Again i will fight it to better my time
(chorus)
Hmm...very abstract.
In the second verse you might consider changing "light up the dark" to "light the darkness".
What does "relive my antagonists" mean?

I like the overall positive message. And the use of the sun as something you must overcome to reach happiness or whatever it is you're aiming for is pretty interesting.

I think this piece has a lot of potential but it needs some refining, and the ideas are somewhat vague.
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Quote by El Peppers
this is a song i'm writing. it's about my past (however short it may be) and how most things around me remind me of the parts i'm not particularly proud of.

verse

I face the sun
With weary eyes
And nothing left to be gained

I face the sun
With my back
To the shades of my past

I face the sun
And come out fighting
With everything i have, i escape my fate again

I'm not really sure if this is doing anything for me. Did you have an idea in mind? Or is it like a feeling? It seems like you have came out of some kind of struggle (internal or external) and prevailed.

chorus

Cut it close
Oh, so close
A tragedy
Barely escaped with my life

What am i?
Where am i going?
Is this life
Everything i want it to be?

This is like the same idea as the 'verse' but a little weaker, actually.

verse

I fight the sun
Which tries so hard
To light up the dark of my mind

I fight the sun
Which only wants me
To relive my antagonists

I fight the sun
To continue existence
Again i will fight it to better my time

I think you ended it on a proper note. I don't like "to relive my antagonists" or "to continue existence", those could probably be worded a little better.

(chorus)

Its not bad. Good job. c4c?
No data.
I thought the chorus was the weakest part after i wrote it... but i couldn't think of anything better. The idea came from an internal struggle i dealt with for about a year, during which i became a horrible, pessimistic, angry person and at times something will remind me of that. I eventually overcame that struggle once i found out who i could trust and rely on when i needed them.
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. - Friedrich Nietzsche